OT Old Registration Marks

I've been trying to find a list of where the old-style vehicle registration marks originated. I've found a list at:

but it's not too accurate and doesn't distinguish between cities and counties.

I could do with getting hold of a scan from an old RAC Member's Handbook - always the definitive list. Can anybody help?

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

We have a couple of 1950's AA Member's book here, I can scan the reg page for you tomorrow, but late to start digging them out tonight :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Is this any use?

John

Reply to
John

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:28:32 +0000, Peter A Forbes finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

Thanks - I'd appreciate that, but watch the email addy - read the signature!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:31:55 -0800 (PST), John finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

That's much better than the one I found!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Reply to
Charles Hamilton