Portland 2004

We arrived back home just after midnight, having left Heathrow at about 11pm, after a loooong days travelling.

This year it all worked well for us, the travel and other items all turned out well, we flew American Airlines after last year's problems with Northwest. The flight was very good and the food excellent.

Portland itself had storms and flooding on the Saturday, but out three days there were hot and humid but no rain during the day. We both got sunburnt on the Thursday after a cloudy start turned into a clearish day.

Pictures totalled 650+, have got lots of editing to do!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Welcome home both, Youve not missed much, quite quiet, weather normal odd flood etc. Took Van out for test with caravan other day, pulls like a dream, went even better when I released brakes on caravan :-)) at least it polished the drums from standing for two years. Expect to see pictures on web this evening then. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

We'll certainly start getting the pictures sorted out today :-))

We tried out a few different settings on the cameras for indoor shooting, and had quite good results at Dayton where one of the museum hangars is unlit except for spotlighting.

The external flash we bought earlier this year also came into use and was very good in these circumstances.

We managed about 800 miles in the hire car, cost about $26 to fill up each time, petrol was about $1.93 per gallon for regular fuel.

Burger King got our vote for the best fast food chain, with a very good selection of salads and non 'fast food', with MacDonalds a close second. We wouldn't use one in the UK but over there they were much different, and prices were so much cheaper as well.

Looking at the picture count this morning, we actually took 732 pictures, so I must have miscounted...

Peter

Peter A Forbes