Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lister pump
I have just got a Lister type 187 pump. It has a plate on top, about 7" x 3", with two bolts securing it to the pump and with four other holes. Can anyone tell me what it was for, please? Steve Selby
9
9

Ogle project
Anyone interested will find pics of the 'project' that Peter kindly delivered at Roland Craven nr Exeter Devon, UK

Model Engineer mag's
During a shopping trip today we picked up a load of Model Engineer magazines, mainly 1955/56/57 but two from the 1940's as well. The 1957 copies have a series of articles on a small horizontal IC...

Re: I got a free engine!
The LD was one of the earlier air-cooled diesels, and has a cast ali shroud IIRC, quite a decent little engine. Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Engine pages for preservation info:
7
7

Tallington this weekend...
I was the recipient of a timely reminder from Brian Dominic that the Tallington show is on this weekend, so we are going to have a looksee. It's through Stamford and turn right in the town if I...

Re: Definition of an Engineer
Given that I am not in the habit of opening attachments I can't comment if what you posted is on topic or not. What is certain is that before using your employers resources to breach the charter of...
1
1

Webshots hits
I am still constantly amazed by the sheer volume of people that come and look at the photos I display on Webshots. I put the Burford pics up on Tuesday and when my 'stats arrived this morning, 328...
3
3

electrics
Has anybody got or know where I can get a wiring diagram that will tell me how to wire up a dynostart to a regulator, I have the starter wired up but I am having trouble with the regulator the...
5
5

Rally Pics
Gentlemen, I've been busy tonight and placed two more lots of photo's for all to see. Hollowell and Banbury. P -- please replace email with May the force be with you, because if she isn't you're on a...
1
1

Burford
Gentlemen, Got my finger out and have put some pics of Burford up, some mediocre ones though :-)) P -- please replace email with May the force be with you, because if she isn't you're on a hiding to...
6
6

How many people would be interested in a web-based forum?
I was thinking about setting up a forum for discussion of this fine hobby of ours, where we could have different sections and a forsale/wanted section etc etc. We would each have a user account and...
8
8

New Website
Subscribers to this newsgroup may be interested to hear that we have recently set up a brand new web site relevant to your hobby. Vintageworld is a classified adverts website for vintage vehicle and...
2
2

BSA generators
I'm quite getting into these interesting little units. Did I hear someone say they did a 240V one? If so and someone has one about for sale, I'd be interested. Regards, Kim Siddorn.

Lister D drive pulley
I wonder if anyone has any tips for removal of a belt drive pulley from the crank of a Lister D? I've taken out the square headed locking screw (which only appeared to be a couple of threads into the...

Cylinder lubricaters
Help, can anyone help me to find a source to replace the glass reservoir on the piston/cylinder oiler on our 5/6 hp opencrank Bamford,I managed to obtain from a trader at the recent Hollowell rally at...
1
1