14xx

Am I correct in thinking all 14xx in black would have been unlined?

If there were lined versions, does any one know if there is a lining kit for the Hornby 14xx, a black re-spray should be easy enough!

Does any one have a Hornby 14xx. How well or not does it run? I have been told they have better pickups than the old Airfix version, any comments.

Reply to
piemanlarger

I've had a green one for two years now (gosh is it that long!) and all in all it has been very reliable even taking into account that the layout also serves as the workbench and consequently tends to have very dirty track.

Cleaning the wheels is a doddle.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , piemanlarger writes

Nos 1417, 1465, 1470 and 5816 were in black with the standard red, cream and grey lining of the period. There is an unconfirmed report that 1411 also received lined black at Wolverhampton in November 1949.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Thanks. I will go and see if fox or 247 do the apropriate cab side plates and lining kit for renumbering.

Reply to
piemanlarger

Also worth looking at Modelmasters

or CGW for the plates. I'm not aware that anyone does preformed lining sheets, but if you find them, let me know! My model at
is still awaiting delivery of the plates (special order) and final detailing.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Boyd