225 / HST Consists

I'm looking to put together a complete 225 and perhaps an HST (probably both in intercity liveries) to run round the garden.

Does anyone know where I can get examples of which coaches a complete train might consist of?

thanks.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

Good grief! How big is your garden?

Reply to
Bruce Fletcher

I wonder if you need planning permission for that !!

Reply to
Michael

Er... probably not big enough!

A full - length 225 might be pushing it a bit, but an hst with older short coaches should be fine..

If I can find out what it should have then I can scale it acordingly.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

As originally introduced, the class 253 on the Western main line consisted of a power car at each end (obviously . . .), two 1st class (TFO), restaurant car (TRUB ?) and then four 2nd class coaches (TSO). The sets were marshalled with the 1st class at the Paddington end. The 2nd class car next to the power car was soon exchanged for a coach with a guards compartment (TGS).

Not so sure about the ECML class 254 - I know they had eight coaches rather than seven. I think the extra coach may have been another restaurant car coupled next to the other one in the middle.

No idea about a 225, or even the HST in it's later life.

Hope this helps,

Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

And then there's the "Cross Country" 253's as introduced, which swapped a FO for an extra TSO. Later formation changes saw one of the TSO swapped for a TGS in all 253/254 so that the guard didn't have to ride in the power car.

There were at least 3 different types of catering vehicle - TRUB, TRFB, TRUK (I think!)

I think all the ECML HST's are now 2 power cars plus 9 trailers.

If you want a short HST, then you could always model a Glasgow-Manchester Airport service from a couple of years back that was formed of 2pc's and only 2 trailers!!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

ECML original HSTs were 8 car and had a TRUK for restaurant and kitchen and a TRSB buffet for second class passengers. This was then moved around with only one catering car as per GNER HST formation prior to the recent increase to 2+9 formation. That was a great thing with a club layout at 44 feet it did not look out of place and you could have platforms long enough to hold a 2+8 HST. The layout was Foxley from the Ipswich Model Railway Association the layout is now in private hands.

Chris

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks all.

Looks like an early blue one is my best bet.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas