A nightmare before Christmas?

My 2 year old loves Ernie, lol, so its sweet dreams for him. he he he kindest regards Simon

btw ive omly two left in stock of circle :-)

Reply to
Simon Judd

Are the sleepers really the same colour as the trackbase?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim"

Why a nightmare?

My 3 yr old picked it out from the review in the beside-the-toilet train mag and put it on his xmas list.

Do you consider Thomas a nightmare - or an introduction to a wider world for youngtsers (and a way of paying for all those preserved lines....)?

How about Potter - too downmarket? Or a way of letting kids play with trains without smashing the superfine pipe/detailing on the more recent toys for collectors - not for the under 14s.

I warmly applaud it for originality and kid friendliness.

C'mon - the model train brigade can't exactly give rewards for originality ( the most original thing i have seen is a review of that layout done by somebody based on the Emmett thoughts ( was it?) reviewed by that chap who did that TV series on producing a model layout (look i'm over 50 - names escape me fast...).

No - he isn't getting one for xmas - apparently bachmann TOY division are producing a series and i'll pick up a single train when it comes out later without all the clutter - and then he can run it on my 50/60s southern layout based on a fictional layout next to the coast with a fictional thriving boat building business and warwells carrying Folkboats all round the country. er with the occasional visit by one of those nice GWR Duck things and a blue E4 and an overscale tram.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Wilson

It looks like one of those hideous aunts you're forced to kiss when you're a kid and can't get rid of the taste afterwards.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I didn't have any hideous aunts. Mine were all very good looking.

Reply to
Wolf K

Thank you, Mr Wolf. Thank you, thank you. Thank God you sent that email. That is the kind of information we've been waiting for.

Do you know, these nasty men have been talking about trains all weekend, when what we all really, really wanted was to know about your aunts, especially those of us who didn't have good looking aunts.

Anyway, who knows what a Wolf is going to find good looking? Three fat little piggies, perhaps?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Dunno, but I had one really attractive Aunt, although dont think she was really my aunt, more mothers cousin. They lived in London and came to stay in our town during the war.

Kim, I understood exactly what you meant with the simple, funny comment of your original post - not to be taken seriously.

Evacuee - thats the word.

Simon

Reply to
simon

Oh, you're welcome. Always.

My aunts took me to Warwick and Leamington Spa and Birmingham and Coventry. On chocolate and cream trains pulled by lovely green engines. In Birmingham we got to ride on double decker busses, dark red ones (unlike the Stratford Blues, which were...?)

Hah!

PS: my other granny made a great pork roast. Melt in your mouth, it did. The porkers did not arrive at the butcher's by train, though, so I guess that comment is off topic. Bother!

Reply to
Wolf K

No chocolate and cream trains ever visited Coventry. The GWR didn't have running rights and the LNW did it's level best to dissuade them from ever applying for them.

Birmingham: blue & cream Coventry: maroon & cream Midland Red: bright crimson

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Well, I was only six at the time, and my memories are all jumbled up... :-)

Reply to
Wolf K

As I suspect are those of everyone our age :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

">

You could pretend they were from Marsh and Baxter in Brierley Hill, my father in law (ex GWR fireman ) tells of the goods job collecting their products from the tunnel under the hill.

Reply to
%%stu%%