A Request

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Replica Railways BG in Scotrail (Blue Stripe) Colours? I'm also after a lima model of 26001/D5301 'Eastfield' in BR green as repainted in 1993 to commemorate the closure of Eastfield depot. I believe it was a limited edition. Anyone help?

Reply to
James Christie

Ermm, from Replica Railways themselves. A Scotrail MK 1 BG is in their Spring 2004 price list priced £10 with plastic wheels or £13.50 with metal ones. The shop number is 01793 642594 weekends only, including Sundays!

Fred

Reply to
Fred

In message , Fred writes

Cheers, I thought they were out of business!

Reply to
James Christie

Nooo, they released a very nice PCV model a year ago and I believe they are going to release a 63' Mk1 Suburban coach very soon. I think the problem with Replica is they have absolutely no web prescence which seems a bit strange in this day and age.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

In message , Fred writes

Indeed, ordered my BG today, thanks Fred. I searched quite a few times using google and scanned the model rail mags and there was absolutely no mention of them, that's why I thought they had gone bust. I take it they're more akin to a cottage industry these days with production on a small scale?

Reply to
James Christie

Yes, that seems to be the case. If I wasn't for the fact that I visit this newsgroup and Yahoo Groups I never would have found out about the PCV as it was never reviewed in the only model mag I buy, Model Rail. And I believe they are wholly produced in the UK which adds to their problems!

Fred

Reply to
Fred