AD: LMS Coaches For Sale

On 07/03/2006 14:04, John Turner said,

I'm pretty sure that you *can* only pay the seller in the currency the auction is listed in, so any currency conversion charges are automatically carried by the buyer. Therefore a seller charging to convert currency is definitely not on. I'll quite happily bid on an auction anywhere in the world, knowing that I will have to pay in a different currency. What gets me is when eBay and Paypal (the same company) use different conversion rates, so you often find yourself actually paying slightly more (never less, it seems) than the eBay conversion.

I must admit that I tend not to buy from Australia though, because the pricing generally seems a bit high compared to UK or US sources.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Well, it's specifically allowed by Ebay. It must be for the case where a seller pays by cheque or cash in their own currency by agreement with the seller.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

On 07/03/2006 18:44, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said,

I didn't mean that it was against any rules, just that I didn't think it was possible to do. You are right of course in the case of cash or cheques, or bank drafts I suppose.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Paul Boyd" wrote

Not so, I recently (this last weekend) bought an item on eBay from a guy in Holland which was listed in US$, but I was given the option of paying in either Euros or US$.

I chose Euros for no good reason.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

"Graeme Hearn" wrote

That's the same as UK law, but eBay have their own terms and conditions and if you play their game you have to play by their rules, which is very clear that surcharging PayPal users is not allowed.

John.

Reply to
John Turner