Adjacent Track Radii

"Yoda" wrote

What the fuff has that to do with the price of cheese? It has about as much relevence as asking whether you prefer blue or green?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

And what is your preference John?

Reply to
Yoda

Hi Keith,

On GWR and BR(W) metals it always was to the gauge face - 6ft-6in standard interval giving 11ft-2.5in as the track centre-to-centre. (Half an inch wider than everywhere else - typical of the GWR to be different!)

I think this was a leftover from the use of 3" wide rail with 6ft way, i.e. the rails were changed to standard 2.3/4" wide but without disturbing the track centre-to-centre.

regards,

Martin.

---------- email: snipped-for-privacy@templot.com web:

Say no to ID cards and the database state:

Martin Wynne

That's only a scale 39mm - I'm going to have to saw big chunks off my Peco turnouts!

Greg.P. HO.

Mart> Hi Keith,

Reply to
Gregory Procter

To model British H0, yes indeed, in 00 more maneagable chunks! For scale British track centres you really need to build crossovers as units, not only are the crossings almost opposite but the timbers cross the entire formation. If you actually want to put in the effort to do British H0 don't spoil it by trying to use commercial track. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Well, to be honest I just run my British HO on my German layout. I thought the 43mm (3.75m) used by the Prussians was awfully close! I'm using 46mm (4m) as per my prototype, with sawn off Peco code 75 turnouts. Any closer and I would have to build them myself because the geometry would be too far out for fudging.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter