Bachman 4MT

Is the Bachman 4-6-0 Standard 4MT in BR Lined Black with early emblem BR18 Tender (weathered).31.108 DCC ready Thanks

Reply to
Mike

No, DCC ready versions are shown on this table:

These older models have the vertically split chassis which I would class as DCC difficult, the brushes are connected to the frame sections internally, you have to dismantle the chassis, insulate the brushes and create some space to bring the wires out of the chassis, and probably the decoder will have to go in the tender. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

The split chassis do offer a challenge, but I've found that by cutting the front of the chassis at the top (hidden in the boiler where the blast pipes would be) a chip can be fitted, I then make the weight up with lead in whatever space I can find. So far it's worked ok, the only engine I've had to put a decoder in the tender is the Bachmann N-Class. Though if I buy another I'll try and get it in the main body... I like a challenge.

Dave M

Reply to
David Miller