Bachmann Class 20

It arrived today - some first impressions:
- peculiar treatment of the sandpipes which are thick plastic and do not
align with the wheels
- front (non-cab end) steps not lined up with steps on frame
- red wires behind bogie frames very conspicuous (why not use black?)
- as with many diesel models, seems to sit too high on the bogies
- can't check dimensional accuracy as I have no drawings (let the magazine
people do that!)
- cab side windows not flush whereas rear cab windows are!
Having said all that, on the plus side it runs pretty well straight from the
box....
Reply to
Nick Palette
Do you think it screams 'class 20' at you when on your layout? Or does it look a bit wrong?
Pete
Reply to
mutley
"mutley" wrote
There's one sat on my layout right now and it looks the business to me, but I've not compared it yet with drawings or photographs. Runs *really* nicely!
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Hope you paid for it ;-)