It arrived today - some first impressions:
- peculiar treatment of the sandpipes which are thick plastic and do not align with the wheels
- front (non-cab end) steps not lined up with steps on frame
- red wires behind bogie frames very conspicuous (why not use black?)
- as with many diesel models, seems to sit too high on the bogies
- can't check dimensional accuracy as I have no drawings (let the magazine people do that!)
- cab side windows not flush whereas rear cab windows are!
Having said all that, on the plus side it runs pretty well straight from the box....