Bachmann distribution

I have been reading on forums of people receiving their orders of the new Scalescenes engine shed and coaling tower. I have one ordered from Hatton's and they have not had theirs delivered from Bachmann yet. For people to have been receiving them in the post mid week, their stockist must have got them in last week. I would have thought Hatton's would have been a priority customer of Bachmann.

Reply to
Dezzi

Unfortunately its a question of who you believe. Not saying who it is in this case, but I'm not a fan of Hattons - no need for a bargepole.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Why?

Perhaps the goods are being sent first ordered, first out.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I would have thought Bachmann aren't able to treat Hatton's as a priority (or anyone else for that matter) for fear of falling foul of European fair trading rules.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Course not, am sure manufacturers distribute purely in turn as defined by their impartially ordered list - wow never noticed before but the big stockists are at the top of the list ! Thats an amazing co-incidence.

When I used to get new Hornby releases from local toy shop they would arrive within a few hours of big retailers saying theyve got theirs. Well within delivery round times (single item in small town vs big load in city) or big shop says theyre in cos in post.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Ok, perhaps priority was the wrong word, but Hatton's usually have their stuff as quick as others, I am just surprised that they still haven't had theirs in yet.

Reply to
Dezzi

Perhaps Bachmann dispatch in the sequence that they recieve the orders. Maybe Hattons ordered based on pre-orders, then got more orders and sent a second one. Possibly they got the first batch and sent them out and are now awaiting a second one. Have you contacted them ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

.

Yes, they say they haven't received any yet

Reply to
Dezzi

There are no European rules that determine who you can or cannot sell to. A manufacturer can sell to whoever they please, when they please. In times of shortage customers with good volume sales or payment records will get priority.

The only restriction is on restraint of trade where a manufacturer cannot impose condition on who their customer can sell to. E.g. manufacture doesn't want to deal with Co A for some reason but sells to co B. Tha manuf. cannot (legally) tell B not to sell to A.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq