buying models on holiday

As the other half had finally got a bit cheesed off with me seemingly finding a Canal or Railway or remains thereof around various corners whenever we visit somewhere, I agreed to take her somewhere warmer. Choosing Barcelona she did relent and let us take Talgo sleeper overnight from Paris provided she chose the hotel in Barcelona. Much to her chagrin it was yards from one of the best shops for model trains I have visited for a long time.Lots of glass cases full of locos and coaches including a Fleishmann H0 Warship. I now have a holiday souvenir of a Renfe 7100 electric in H0 which is useless for any layout now or planned but it don't arf look interesting. Missus not impressed even though I offered to buy her a handbag. Anybody else done a similar thing?

Another item stocked was a range of kits for G scale I had not noticed before from a firm called Ocre. Mainly trams but a German loco and an old American style coach were also on display. They seem to have a couple of stockists in this country. I only perused the outside of their boxes and they looked reasonably "crude" though that might be the wrong word to use. Any one know what they are really like.

G.Harman

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Yes. I've come home with local models from the USA, Japan and New Zealand. I work on the "it's my model so I'll run what I like" basis!

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Ocre ? ........ don't they also do model ships ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart