Class 66 diesel

Or, to show that Canada has produced quite a few good musicians;- Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Robbie Robertson, the various McGarrigles/Wainwrights, Neil Young...... Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

*splutter*

OK... I'll let you off with them! :-)

Lets add Randy Bachman (before he started making model railways!), Jeff Healy, Rick Danko and the rest of The Band, Gordon Lightfoot. And, if we were to stretch a point, we could include Eric Clapton, whose father was Canadian.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Rich Mackin" wrote Bryan Adams? :-S

Jacques Villeneuve and his father Gilles ? Quite appropriate today as it is the Canadian F1 GP

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

"Princess Margriet of the Netherlands" (born in Ottowa in 1943).

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Oscar Brand. The Barenaked Ladies. Paul Anka. Rich Little. Pamela Anderson.

Reply to
MartinS

Hows about Chuck Guite, Sponsorship Scandal, John Gomery, Alfonso Gagliano etc,etc.>> Too bad they weren't named after Canadian places and people.

Reply to
Gene

How about

Kaslo, Sylvan and CDS ?

..........nearly forgot Larkspur who are the friendliest and most efficient model shop that I've dealt with in Canada from here in the UK.

Nearly on topic!?!

Mark

Reply to
mark

"mark"

But not Hobbycraft, they're probably the worst people to deal with, including their products.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Various web pages suggest, I don't know how accurately, that the room where she was born was technically in the Netherlands at the time...

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

"Arthur Figgis"

" The Ottawa Civic Hospital in which Princess Margriet was born was placed temporarily outside the jurisdiction of Canadian law so that she would have exclusively Dutch"

See: -

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Exclusively Dutch what?

Reply to
MartinS

Whoops, slight editing error. "......she would have exclusively Dutch, and not dual, nationality". :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

In message , Roger T. writes

Isn't that a breach of her human rights, or do the Dutch and Canucks not bother about such niceties?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan

Who cares what her feelings about it were/are?

She's Dutch royalty, that over rides anything she may feel.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

I don't think that dureing a war in which millions were being shot,blown-up,burned,drowned,gassed, that people had the same exact outlook towards human-rights as we do today...I think they had other things on their minds.

Reply to
Gene

Reply to
44211

It was her father - the late Prince Bernhard - who officiated at the naming ceremony for David Shepherd's restored 9F "The Black Prince".

(kim)

Reply to
kim