EM1 loco kit

An acquaintance mentioned having seen an article in Railway Modeller a couple of months back on a proposed EM1/class76 OO gauge kit in brass and whitemetal. Anyone else know any more?

Reply to
John Smith

(copied and pasted from my website for speed)

MSL Hobbies have released a new 4mm scale etched brass and white metal kit of a Class 76 electric locomotive.

The body of the loco is etched brass with white metal bogie overlays and detailing parts. Some detailing parts are turned brass and a sprung scale pantograph is also included in the kit.

For more details tel 01223 871272

Pete

Reply to
mutley

DC Kits are doing a new run of their EM1 . Is that the one?

Entanet

Pete

Many thanks for that. Most helpful.

Regards

Reply to
John Smith

No, the DC kits kit is a rather poor model in resin and earlier still whitemetal. But the previous posted knows the item I'm looking for.

Thanks for the input.

Reply to
John Smith

I believe that the new DC kits offering is going to be completely re-tooled and will have a one-piece body, of a similar standard to their recent class

  1. If this is the case, poor will not be an appropriate description...

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Pearce

The most recent release was a 1 piece flexible resin kit and the one they are still selling on the website. The master used though was still the original master and that contained too many faults to convincingly model the class and is well of current standards.

I spoke to MSL models last night and their kit sounds good. Trying to get to the website for some images and then I'll give one a try.

Reply to
John Smith