Fotopic Update: Ex-Con seen at Peterborough...

Hull Trains Class 170 at speed...

Class 153 at Spalding - a sedate little scene...
Freightliner Class 47 at Peterborough - nice big picture of a rather nice loco.
Ex-Con at Peterborough! Or should I say "ex-Connex"?
The ever-photogenic class 373 Eurostar.

Adam Warr

Hmm, has this been painted from Connex livery back into NSE??

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

I thought it looked quite shiny :o) The paintwork must be quite durable as I used to work with vinyls on road vehicles and they were a bitch to remove.

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Not repainted, as such, but de-vinyled.

The South Eastern units were delivered in NSE but soon vinyled with the Connex yellow.

Before entering service with WAGN, the units are getting a makeover at Doncaster works, involving the fitting of the new nose end, removing the pantograph cover, the Connex vinyls and any other branding in the train.

Interesting to see a TOC livery replaced with good old NSE!

As it is impossible to wash the roof of a unit under the wires, the WAGN units 365519-541 were delivered with black roofs - the ex-Connex units still retain white roofs but for how long?

Reply to
Adam Warr

No, the CSE vinyls have just been removed and the NSE livery (which was underneath before Connex applied the vinyls) has been tidied up a bit.

Reply to
Jack Taylor

They're done with two pack paint, which is pretty tough stuff.

Reply to
Ben

Isn't he an American Rap Artist?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Warr

You missed the 'c' off the beginning of one of the words there... ;o)

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

"Adam Warr"

How can you use "Rap" and "Artist" in the same sentence?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

You can use "con" and "artist" in the same sentence (e.g., this new Dennis who is about to take Fred to the cleaners).

Reply to
MartinS

Sorry, wrong group, but Roger knows what I'm on about.

Reply to
MartinS

Presunably that is art with a capital F

Reply to
Graeme Wall

I always thought that a music discussion was pretty pointless as it's all completely in the ear of the beholder- there is absolutely no right or wrong, just opinion.

e.g., I happen to behold certain "rap artists" as good listening, but that's just my *opinion* of course.

Besides, are we not supposed to be discussing railways and derivatives thereof?

;-))

db.

Reply to
Dirk Belcher

Oh come on, you mean there's no link between music and railways? What about: Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express The Farm - Groovy Train Eurythmics - Here Comes The Train Again (hmm, maybe not this one...)

Perhaps this would best be devoted to a thread of its own... preferably in /dev/null ;)

Reply to
altgrr