FS: J72 Steam Loco Smoke Box Door Number Plate

Just in case this is of interest to anyone but I have just placed a J72 Steam Loco Smoke Box Door Number Plate up for auction on ebay, link below...

Apologies if I have posted to wrong Group

Steve

Reply to
Tram Man

Well, don't do it again.

Reply to
MartinS

It's another example of someone who never posts here normally and who has only posted to advertise something.

In another group that I frequent, this fellow would be called a " spammer" and would be told where to go in no uncertain terms that would make the recent interchange with "shooter" sound like gentle conversation at a vicarage tea-party.

Reply to
John Sullivan

John just to let you know I've posted to this group before on two or three occasions before and I have found the help of people like your good self very informative and interesting. I only choose to show this auction within this newsgroup after reading the charter and ensuring that my post conforms with it.

Quoted from the Charter for UK.REC.MODELS.RAIL Advertising Adverts should be clearly marked in the subject line (the words "AD", "For Sale", "Exhibition" or "Commercial" at the start of the subject line are recommended).

Private for-sale adverts are permitted, though should be short and concise. Discussion/negotiation should be via private email. Announcements by model railway clubs and societies are permitted, though should be concise and relevant. Announcement of model railway shows is permitted.

Apologies if feel any injustice as none was intended

Steve

Reply to
Tram Man

Someone who posts and apologises for it in the same post is obviously not sincere.

The item advertised is not relevant to this group; there are other groups where it is relevant, and it wasn't a cross-post either.

Reply to
MartinS

John,

Three posts as recent as August on Bachman couplings being deemed "never posts here normally"?

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Maybe old Shooter was right - this newsgroup is getting pretty anal.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

You're describing railway modellers!!

The Charter allows advertisements for model rail clubs and shows. It makes sense to extend the "model rail" definition to products advertised

- I have no problem with Bachmann couplings, etc. Twelve inch to the foot railways have their own groups.

Reply to
MartinS

I don't believe that you are seriously suggesting that full scale railways cannot be discussed on this group.

Also, a lot of railway modellers have interests in collecting 12" to the foot items.

The advert was appropriate and abided by the charter of the group.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Reply to
Rob

I was referring to advertising, not discussions.

If you say so. It was the insincere "apology" that bugged me.

Reply to
MartinS

Please don't question my sincerity, an apology was included as I didn't expect to have to follow up or explain my posting. I placed this post within this newsgroup as I felt it may be of interest to railway modellers (like myself) and having received a number of positive emails as well as the comments of Jim and Rob (thank you, lads) I can see that it has been.

I don't want this thread to carry on in the same way as it did for Shooter, so may I call it the end of this matter. I have always considered the group to be open-minded and provide a good source of information for model railway enthusiasts, many questions I have wanted to ask myself have been previously answered and by doing a quick search I have been able to save the humiliation of re-posting.

Keep up the good work

Steve

Reply to
Tram Man