Happy or Merry

It
It's Sunday because it's a day of the week, it's still Sunday to a Jew, the DAY has nothing to do with the religion!

Yes, your statement does lead to that.

Yes it is, they just don't celebrate it.
-- Merry Christmas to all. Roger T.
Now political correctness is involved with Happy Christmas or Happy Holidays, who gets offended my Happy Christmas? and Who gets a kick with Happy Holidays.
I sometimes wonder who things this stuff up?
in any case....
Enjoy what ever you like it to be called.....

years

Don't forget that in the U.S.A. "holidays" doesn't have the meaning of "vacation" that it does in the U.K., but refers to what we call "bank holidays" or "public holidays". So the expression "happy holidays" is not really appropriate in the U.K. because of the possible confusion of meaning.

--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

19 years

incorrect,
Well, having Jewish friends has got me into the habit of saying 'seasons greetings', it's only Christmas if you follow a Christian church...
--
Regards, Jerry.
Location - United Kingdom.

True, although I have a jewish mate who will arrive about tea time or just after so he can sneak a helping of Christmas pudding, and whenever someone says happy/merry christmas he adds pudding to it......
--
estarriol

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:41:00 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"

When I lived in LA our lawyer (ex model, ex actress etc) used to thow wonderful parties to mark the season, things got a bit complicated as these included at least two 'witches', jewish, Christian, (one) Mohammedan, a couple of Bhuddists and a few I was never to clear about. She used to make her own greetings cards. Splendid parties though. Good woman.
Mike

Who gives a damn abou political correctness!
Personally, I prefer a "Happy Christmas", to be followed by a "Very Merry New Year" - and we'll quietly forget about the hangover at the beginning of January.
Happy Christmas to all.
--
Dave,
Frodsham