Hornby 2011 advertised now.

Got an email telling me the Hornby 2011 range now showing

Nick

I am pleased for you.

Reply to
Dezzi

And it finally includes a Gresley BG which proves the end-of-the-world must be nigh :o)

These were often used on LMR routes hence my interest. In fact some east-bound LMR trains consisted entirely of Gresley coaches!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

But theyve messed up on the Duchesses. Duchess of Sutherland in LMS black should have been last year when she was running like that - may have been pursuaded by tot after trip but moment passed. LMS red one, no deflectors but with sound - may have been tempted rather than remove deflectors on one already have but dont want the sound.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

What coaches did they use on the west-bound trains?

Reply to
MartinS

Sealink :-)

Reply to
simon

Would they be the right type to represent those that were used on the Western region? I recall being on Exeter St Davids station when a train pulled in with a Gresley Buffet Car. It was a reasonably late date to see a coach of LNER origin ,about 1976 and I remember how unusual it looked. Sobering to think that HS 125 units are rapidly approaching the same age as that coach was and they will not look so unusual for a few more years yet. G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

That would depend on whether it was a return journey or a completely new one :op

(kim)

Reply to
kim