Hornby Acquisition of Lima Now Approved

G'day All, Hornby has never denied the fact that when they get the Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef & Arnold dies that the new range will be made in China. Graeme Hearn

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

But... isn't HSBC based in Hong Kong? HSBC = Hong Kong and Singapore Banking Corporation, no?

Reply to
MartinS

Martin S. wrote:-

HSBC stands for Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. It is now and always has been based in London.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

No and No,

The HSBC headquarters is right here in Canary Wharf.

It was 'Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp' but, if I remember correctly, moved its HQ to UK when it bought the Midland Bank. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

"MartinS" wrote

Nope, it's based in London, but even so all of the call centres and card authorisation in done in India, which results in long delays and some difficulty in understanding.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

HSBC stands for the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, which has always been a British bank, in British Hong Kong until it became apparant it would be handed back to China, at this point HSBC bought Midland as a foothold in Britain, and moved the HQ to London.

In terms of call centres, the total staff who work in overseas call centres is about equal to those working in UK call centres, and the overseas centres deal with calls from the US, UK, Canada, Aus, NZ, HK.......bit of trivia for you - some work from the Middle East and elsewhere in Europe is actually sourced into Britain...

Ian

Reply to
Ian

The post was about the LIMA Group which I understood was Rivarrossi/Arnold and Lima.

That is what I meant by covering it all as N Gauge.

Some people didn't like the UK outline stuff and some did. There is a lot of continental stuff too. So lets not just judge things by UK parameters folks.

Reply to
Yoda

First Direct is part of HSBC and they have their call centres in the UK.

Reply to
Yoda

"Yoda" wrote

That may be true, but all HSBC credit cards (and that may include those issued by First Direct) are authorised in India.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

That may be true but not all HSBC call centres are outwith the UK

Reply to
Yoda

"Yoda" wrote

If that's the case then I must be pretty unlucky because I've yet to ring one and find that it's in the UK.

John.

Reply to
John Turner