Hornby catalogue

I wasn't charged and there's no price marked on it.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Nope - last year they published a large fold-out sheet that depicted the entire range, with catalogue numbers.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

No, the price list is a different item and is included in with the catalogue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Steve W" wrote

Never heard it called a handshake before.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well just to prove that price does not put everyone off the new Hornby catalogue, my local major model railway shop had a large pile of them delivered yesterday.

When I got there at about lunchtime today, they had all gone! Also noted that the shop was getting very low in track, scaledale buildings, indeed pretty much everything that was on my list, always seems to happen just after Christmas!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000

"JMUpton2000" wrote

We've sold loads of catalogues today too, but that doesn't mean they are good value for money, just that people want to have as much information as possible what the manufacturer is planning to release in 2006 - not everything is shown on the 'free leaflet'.

I understand why the manufacturers close over Christmas, but it doesn't make too much sense that by doing so they lose the opportunity for shops to restock at their busiest time of year.

Not only that but Hornby expect us retailiers to predict a significant proportion of our requirements for the whole year ahead at a time when our Christmas season hasn't quite finished and when we need to be restocking for now, not Christmas 2006.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Presumbly not like Stagecoach in Hull some years ago, when drivers claimed the prices in the advertising distributed with the local paper and the information office were nothing to do with them, so us passengers must be trying to defraud them by wanting to pay the advertised price...

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Yes they do, strictly speaking, it's =A33 unless you are a business or educational customer, just try ordering one from the website.

However, if you are placing a large order by 'phone its worth asking if they'll send one for free (they did for me). If you spend enough in a particular timeframe (no idea on the criteria) they seem to assume you are a "business" and send them out (I just received a free copy of the

2006 catalogue). Also, they sent out copies of the old 2005 catalogue to some existing customers just before the new 2006 one came out. It's also freely downloadable as PDFs froim their web site.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Apologies for that then,

I have placed 4 orders with Rapid Electronics over the last three months, largest for under £80 and the 3rd was only for £40. I received a free catalogue with each order (none of which were requested as I had placed my order on the website), culminating in me ringing to ask them not to send any more until there was a new version, so I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that the catalogues were free.

Eddie.

Edward Bray wrote:

Yes they do, strictly speaking, it's £3 unless you are a business or educational customer, just try ordering one from the website.

However, if you are placing a large order by 'phone its worth asking if they'll send one for free (they did for me). If you spend enough in a particular timeframe (no idea on the criteria) they seem to assume you are a "business" and send them out (I just received a free copy of the

2006 catalogue). Also, they sent out copies of the old 2005 catalogue to some existing customers just before the new 2006 one came out. It's also freely downloadable as PDFs froim their web site.

MBQ

Reply to
Edward Bray

Must be the "lets get rid of the old 2005 catalogues" policy. Does seem a bit daft, for an otherwise excellent company to deal with.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Unfortunately, neither Peco nor Gaugemaster are on the list of exhibitors. Nor is PPP as a distributor or model railway products.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

wrote

Unfortunately, neither Peco nor Gaugemaster are on the list of exhibitors. Nor is PPP as a distributor or model railway products.

MBQ

:-? Shame. I remember the few years when Hornby stopped going, and all the fun was looking at what Rico International were bringing out (Lima). But then, it was at Olympia in those days.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.