'Hornby' Shell wagon...

This is the yellow TTA variety with company name and logo in red which I think was originally sold as Triang. Were these ever fitted with end ladders as they are msisng from the example I've got and every one I've seen on eBay?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Generally speaking if they came in train sets they didn't have the end ladders, when sold individually they did.

From memory there were both yellow & red variations of this tank in trainsets at different times.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks. Mine came in a box (R132) but was still missing the end ladders. Is this one of those details which can easily be detached and become lost? I am thinking of cannibalizing the end ladders from another TTA as they are still widely available. It wasn't until I saw the picture on Steve Jones' web site I realized anything was missing from mine.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

I may be wrong then Kim, maybe R132 didn't come with ladders at all, but as they can be easily removed &/or added the ones I've seen with ladders (and there's been a few of them) maybe just had them added later.

At one time I'd a box with around 100 of the ladders for the TTA, but I'm pretty sure they've all gone know.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

rather than cannibalise. just buy some etched ladders of the right dimensions.

Reply to
Uncle Wobbly

I can buy an old TTA for a couple of quid, how much would a set of etched ladders cost? Besides, it's a really crude early model to begin with, etched detail would simply draw attention to its other shortcomings :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Uncle Wobbly" wrote

Or better still, wait for the new Bachmann version which should be out shortly and is expected to be light years ahead of the old Tri-ang effort.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

LOL, I bought it mainly for the colour! As a kid I was jealous of the Triang model as it wouldn't couple-up to my Dublo wagons and had to buy a different coloured tank instead. If Bachmann were to do a TTA in Shell yellow I'll definitely buy it.

(kim)

Reply to
kim