J 39's

Hi Can anybody tell me if pre-grouped J 39's had red or black buffer beams with their number on, & was the rear the same as the front. Many thanks Roger

Reply to
Barbara Mitchell

"Brian Watson" wrote

They were a Gresley design & built by the LNER. You're probably thinking about J15 or J17s.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The J15 to J20 were the ex GER locos. J39 were pure LNER.

David

Reply to
davidcharlesworth

Hi,

I have a black and white photograph of J39 - No 2726 taken in 1930. It clearly shows the front numbers and markings on the buffer beam. Your welcome to a copy by email attachment if it helps.

Cheers

John Willumsen

Reply to
John Willumsen