Lorries for layouts

Hi all, I'm looking for some lorries for my new layout, Oakamoor, which is OO scale. I have seen some in the past which are Volvo or ERF tractor units with various trailers. I thought they were Cararama, but appear not. They were of similar quality and style of box. They were not Wyking or any other continental brand...

Any one any suggestions as to what they may have been? Some were brightly coloured (maybe not authentic colour liveries) and I'm looking for one with a trailer that may take sand or stone.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Andy, Try the site below- I think they might be what you're looking for .

Even if the exact body style isn't available, you could build a tipper body fairly easily- the 8 wheel cement mixer would serve as a typical tipper chassis. There are also some 8-wheel Guy and Fodens in in the Lledo range, IIRC- these lasted quite late on mineral hauls aroud the Cheadle/Leek area regards Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

"BH Williams" wrote -- Andy, Try the site below- I think they might be what you're looking for .

Even if the exact body style isn't available, you could build a tipper body fairly easily- the 8 wheel cement mixer would serve as a typical tipper chassis. There are also some 8-wheel Guy and Fodens in in the Lledo range, IIRC- these lasted quite late on mineral hauls aroud the Cheadle/Leek area regards Brian

Brian, Thanks. But on this occasion they are not the type I'm looking for - for the layout. I may go for one of the Lledo as a last reserve come the end of the month, but my local shop only has them at £12+. The ones I saw were articulated lorries and included box trailers and transporter trailers like what a loco or excavator may be moved on, but I can't find them. They originally were in the local pound shop (Bancrupt stock from else where) and I wish I had bought one then.

I'll keep looking... Layout coming on well. Done some more night shots (to be added to the website) and also updated today the track plan on line...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

I think I remember the ones you mean- I bought a Mercedes 6-wheel chassis of similar provenance a while back. The MSIM stand at exhibitions sometimes has similar vehicles, presumably not listed on their web-site because of low margins. Another source might be the former Keilcraft range of plastic kits, which I think are available from 'Mainly Trains', amongst others. There's a mid-70s design Foden 4x8 tipper, as well as assorted tractor units (Scania, Volvo F12 etc) . Those tractor-shovels on the MSIM site look tempting, though.... Brian

Reply to
BH Williams