M7 Decoder

Morning all.. Anyone fitted a decoder to a new Hornby M7 yet. I tried a digitrax PS123 Z scale on and cant find a good place to put it so the body will go on again. Any ideas guys? Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Bromsgrove Models have a pictorial fitting guide - they used a small Zimo decoder:

John

Reply to
John Ruddy

Thanks John It seems crazy that I will have to cut away the ribs inside the boiler to fit a decoder in a DCC ready loco!! I was hopeing not to have to do that! Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

If I was fitting a decoder in that I would remove the socket and fit the decoder in its place, should be able to fit a bit of lead sheet in as well above the gearbox where Bromsgrove put the decoder. Keith

Reply to
Keith