My ideas for needed models

Truro and the preserved Dukedog are mambers of the same family:
Starting with Dukes in 1895. Domed parallel boiler, round topped smokebox. Belpaire added later.
The Badmintons were Dukes with 6'8' drivers and Belpaire boiler.
The Bulldogs were Dukes with the Churchward standard number 2 boiler, originally parallel with a raised Belpaire and later tapered.
Original Bulldogs and Duke rebuilds had curved frames, later Bulldogs had straight frames.
The Atbaras were Badmintons with the Bulldog boiler.
The Cities were Atbaras with the larger Churchward number 4 boiler.
The Aberdares were freight 2-6-0s of basically the same design as the Atbaras and Cities.
Finally the Dukedogs were straiht-framed Dukes, nominally new engines built from existing parts 40 years after the original
If any of these were availble I'd buy them.
But for my period of interest it would be anything but the Dukedog.
City of Truro is actually a later rebuild with extended smokebox, superheater, top feed and piston valves. It never carried the ornate Dean livery in that condition until preservation.
But it looks beatiful and I would close my eyes to the anachronism.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
":Jerry:" wrote
Originally released in 1982 by Mainline using tooling produced by Airfix (GMR) but never actually produced by them.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Maybe, but more useful would be a range of 0-6-0 freight locos, e.g. LMS /LMR : ex-L&YR, ex-MR Class 3F ex-LNWR, Cauliflower or Coal Engine ex-Caledonian 0-6-0
LNER/ER/NER Class J6, J11, J15/17, J25/27, J36, J37 plus some ex-LNER/GCR/GNR 2-8-0's, Classes O1/O2/O4
and also some older passenger tank designs that survived until the BR era e.g. ex-LNWR 0-6-2T ex- L&YR 2-4-2T ex- LNER (GCR) C13 4-4-2T A5 or A8 4-6-2T
Bevan Price
Reply to
Bevan Price
Of the NER types, I's suggest the C ("J21") as a more generally useful and flexible type than the P-derivatives (P2 and P3, aka "J25" and "J27"). The Cs worked passenger trains regularly and for //many// years were the workhorses of the long, thin secondary routes and rural branches (with particularly associations with the /very/ modellable Lancashire & South Durham Union over Stainmore. With the Ps you're much more closely tied to the coalfield, though they did last a few years longer (not that many, though..). J36 and J37 are right on the ball.
Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen
Sounds like the GWR's Dean Goods which was do anything, go anywhere locomotive. You even saw them with class A head codes when the South Wales expresses were diverted over the Severn bridge due to engineering work in the tunnel.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
I know a lot about the history, but a little more learnt there thanks.
Seen COT all over the place, first at Swindon museum, got some very good video material of it running on the Glos/Warwick Railway, yet I have never seen any other GWR 4-4-0s
Reply to
Martin
Sometimes I forget we're not all old farts here.
But there is also a Dukedog on the Bluebell, which has the honour of having been in one of the David Suchet Hercule Poirot TV programmes.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
Had a visit while doing car delivery driving but not ridden the line - I found the coach shed anyway!
Didn't see the Dukedog!
Reply to
Martin
0+1 = 1
I have seen 1 City and 0 Dukedog so one more than 0 is 1
Basic maths not O level not A level
Go fuck your self you complete and utter toss pot, I have had it with you, you go around isulting every one who disagrees with your viewpoint, you do not understand primary school level maths and throw insults around like nobodies business.
I would guess you are a 50 something saddo living with you mum, the way you keep bandying around the isults and picking on people, I would admit if you talked to me like that in person I would deck you. If you had any real friends you wouldn't infect news groups like a cancer picking on other posters, if this was a web forum you would be banned (mind you for my language so would I).
Now I admit I pop in on tea breaks but like to read about new models and get advice about detailing and construction.
Now piss off and do something constructive!
BTW I am kill filing you for the first time in 4 or 5 years, did it before when you trashed a group and doing it again so I do not get tempted to retaliate again.
As to insults I can think of hundreds more!
Now try to control yourself before there is noone else left to talk to (or are you happy to talk at people)
Reply to
Martin
That would be because you can't read a map, lets hope you found the correct address to deliver the vehicle, you were at Horsted Keynes and not the correct location - Sheffield Park!...
Reply to
:Jerry:
Let's see now...
How many Dukedogs has he seen running? Answer: 0 How many City of Truro's has he seen running? Answer: 1
And, last time I looked, one is one more than zero.
So I am not altogether sure why you have a problem with this.
Eric
"How many have you seem passing", you need at least two for them to pass each other, I take it that you passed neither GCSE English or Maths then!
I guess the truth hurts you...
Reply to
:Jerry:
But you need two of each for them to pass each other. The last time CoT could have passed one of it's own class was (at the latest) back in the early 1930. Duh!
Reply to
:Jerry:
I've never seen them together, just seperately. But not that long ago there was a gala weekend where they double headed. There are photographs out there like....
Christopher A. Lee
Thanks - you understand!!
I'm ignoring Jerry from now - once he goes like this groups tend to suffer, some people seem to have the attitude that abusing other posters is fair game, I tend to be polite except in one or two circumstances like a transport group tr011 (got to be carefull with that word), and I like to get the same back.
The now blocked person managed four insults in one message. I still cannot work out why he did it, but to be honest - get snotty - get it back.
There is a lot in the history of the double framed 4-4-0s and will always be lots to learn.
Reply to
Martin
It's now very obvious what Martin thought you meant, i.e. How many City of Truro's passing HIM in the station, not passing each other.
Quite a reasonable misinterpretation.
Not at all, unless one doesn't understand the difference between the singular and the plural...
Reply to
:Jerry:
Well this is the first time that you've bothered to explain what you meant, even though it was obvious that no-one else took it that way.
Rudeness plus a failure to explain is not a reasonable response to being misunderstood.
Eric Junkermann
But I did explain what I meant, it's called the English language, I asked "how many City of Truro's have you seen passing in the station?" (note the plural), 'not how many TIMES have you seen City of Truro passing trough the station?' (note the lack of the plural and the lack of the word "times")...
Reply to
:Jerry:

Site Timeline