OK, so some things on Ebay are junk?

But there are some other items worth looking at.
Such as

only $450 which at todays exchange rate is around =A3230
and there is an LNER version as well.
(I have no connection with the seller whatsoever.)
Reply to
crazy_horse_12002
And before the pedants start, I dont mean an LNER version of that particular locomotive, but a model of the Worsborough, and, (rather unliked) Lickey banker.
crazy_horse_12002
wrote
That's just the starting price (no bids so far) but even at that it's only good value if it's well made and runs well, and even the seller is suggesting it needs work of a nature which will involve dismantling of one of the chassis to enable a new *cog* to be fitted - not necessarily an easy job where Walschaerts valve gear is concerned.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
wrote
The seller here is claiming that the loco is kit built from brass whereas that appears to contradict the claim that it's from a DJH kit. The latter are principally white metal with some add on etched brass components.
Whilst that may appear a little pedantic, I would value a brass loco much higher than one put together from a white metal kit.
It does however look to be nicely built, or at least the pictures give that impression.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Description first sentence says its white metal kit
Reply to
Trev
"Trev" wrote
You're looking at the wrong one - I'm referring to the LNER Garratt where the discription is:-
< quote >
dont see much built like this brass kit built with kit built chassis , can motor , smooth running and in superb condition a real nice job someone has made of this DJH Kit .
< end quote >
John.
Reply to
John Turner