OT: Miniatur Wunderland

I know this is off topic, but thought people on this group might also be interested

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Miniatur Wunderland, in Hamburg, Germany with members of the British Region of the NMRA.. What a marvellous place! You just don't know where to point the camera, there's so much to see.

The first 20 pictures taken at the recent visit to Hamburg can be found here

More to follow soon. In the meantime, enjoy

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Words fail one! How many figures are there at that muddy rock festival?

Reply to
MartinS

Recent story on MW indicated have tens of thousands of figures on their layout. Can't recall the mag, sorry.

MW regularly spams all rail-related newsgroups, and appear to send random spam via e-mails. I have received about a dozen Forwarded messages about MW, from friends who know my hobby interests, and I'm getting tired of it.

I don't like this style of layout, but it does entertain all kinds of people who would otherwise not think about model railroads. And sections of it are certainly instructive to those of with more modest ambitions. ;-)

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Yeah, story had a picture of a rock concert replete with honey buckets?

Reply to
LDosser

Dozens of 'em, with figures going in and out.

Reply to
MartinS

In message , Mike Hughes writes

Another 20 photos added starting here

Enjoy

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Look happy, don't they?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Don't forget this is Hamburg and the overwhelming number of visitors are German.

that IS happy for them :-)

Seriously though, the whole thing is thing is so overwhelming that you just have to concentrate to see the little cameos and details.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

I've added some more pictures of the recent trip Miniatur Wunderland, Hamburg by NMRA British Region members. These were taken by fellow NMRA member Ron Gager

WARNING: The first picture you will see may not be suitable for those of a nervous disposition. You may well need a sick bag when you see it.

Pictures start here

Enjoy

More to come very soon

Reply to
Mike Hughes

In message , Mike Hughes writes

I've added another 20 photos starting here

Enjoy

Reply to
Mike Hughes

In message , Mike Hughes writes

And another 20 pictures starting here

More to follow soon

Enjoy

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Why?

Paul

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4677 (20091210) __________

Paul Stevenson

: > : : Why? :

Multiple, off topic, URLs to a photo site. One or two perhaps but SIX (and counting from the sounds of things), why can't he wait until he has uploaded all the photos and then post ONE message containing all the URLs. The bloke is a plonker and thus he got plonked, Ok it doesn't make a f*ck load of difference to the plonker but at least as far as I'm concerned the S/N ratio has diminished...

Reply to
Jerry

In message , Jerry writes

Simple. If I posted all of the files in one go it would exceed my daily allowance and I'd have to pay more money.

You will also note that I have marked the Subject line quite clearly as being OT. If you don't wish to look at it then either kill the file or just skip over it.

I'd like to know if others wish to see more photos. If not then I have no problems. It's just an amazing place to visit and I thought some of you would like to see pics of it. It's up to you to let me know either way please.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

"Mike Hughes" wrote snip

Personally I was very interested, although I must admit that I do not have time to view every image.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It is certainly somewhere I must visit one day.

Reply to
Riddles