Peter Snow with his layout

You find him rude !!!! pot, kettle :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

And he may not see the gaps at the joints or peeling at the edges. Perhaps he sees a winter journey taken decades ago.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

True. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

I'm not so sure. Some of the very best modelling in scenic and prototype accuracy, not to mention pushing technical boundaries, is coming from Europe; some better than the modelling featured in "high-end" journals such as the MRJ . You just have to dig a little to find it, much as you have to dig a little to find the best British modelling.

The popular perception might be the Fleischmann/Marklin collector with hundreds of trains wizzing around twee psuedo-alpine plastic buildings, but its no different to a perception of British models all being Hornby OO based GWR branchlines complete with "working" trackside TPO catchers, etc..

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

A lot seems to be Dutch, in my experience.

I used to dislike those layouts, until I went to Switzerland and found that the country actually does look like that...

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

It's very difficult to model Switzerland accurately on a 4' x 1' baseboard, even if you have room for a big fiddle yard on the end. ;-)

Reply to
Greg Procter

I'm sure RhB is actually some kind of giant advert for continental model manufacturers. The curves are all wrong, the rabbit warren design unrealistic, and they cram too much in.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Next you're going to claim the Post buses are adverts for Faller roadways ;-) (you might be right)

Reply to
Greg Procter

Many of the ones I know are Dutch. Some are German, and one or two French.

Up to a point :-).

One of my friends, describes Switzerland as a giant trainset.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe
Reply to