scottish based 00 layout

hey guys thinking of putting together just a small layout to ease me back into the hobby

was considering a small scottish esque 2 platform terminus station (going to be expanded eventually so will go to a thru station along with a fuelling point stabling for a couple of rakes of coaches and locos and maybe a small private warehouse to shunt some vans into

space isnt an issue here (30ftx50ft loft) my problem is i cant decide on a decent track plan

was thinking single track line entering the layout from fiddleyard on the left passing a small private yard at the back of the layout from the all directions given are as lookin from fiddle yard btw yard being the 2 the left of the mainline which will continue down the layout past a few industrial buildings passing by the fuelling point on the right along with 3 sidings for coaching stock and a couple of DMU/loco stabling lines terminating at a 3 track 2 platform station

anyone care to tear to pieces? :)

if not give me advice all you's want i'm away to look at small industrial shunter kits (any1 know a good kit for a class 14?

cheers

Rob

oh and btw its going to be digital all the way :) and covering late 80's ish period so lots of lovely 26's

its either that or model Bonness and kinniel :)

Reply to
Rob

Or what about Falkirk Grahamston station complete with springfield yard, with the SRPS still in the old yard sheds at the Firs Park / Bison Cement side (prior to their move to Bo'ness) and the old NCL yard off graham's road with it's scarabs running around? Ah, childhood memories!! If only I had a big enough loft...... I think I can still just about remember the track plan of the yard. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Or what about Falkirk Grahamston station complete with springfield yard, with the SRPS still in the old yard sheds at the Firs Park / Bison Cement side (prior to their move to Bo'ness) and the old NCL yard off graham's road with it's scarabs running around? Ah, childhood memories!! If only I had a big enough loft...... I think I can still just about remember the track plan of the yard. Badger.

track plan of the old grangemouth TMD anyone??? can always bodge a thru station onto that track plan

any ideas where i would get my hands on the plans

Reply to
Rob

Not sure myself - but if you go to

, then 'Wigan CRDC', then 'Locations', there's a plan of the EWS CRDC (which used to be Springs Branch shed I think) - Maybe you could adapt that as a trackplan and, as you said, bodge a through station on.

Reply to
Stu

cheers stu

track laying will commence as soon as i finish building my private shunter kit i havent thought of or ordered yet

any gen for a decent private shunter?

Reply to
Rob

Vaguely remember visiting the Grangemouth "shed" once, 08's, 20's, 25's? and a 37 I think were there at the time, about 25 years ago. Could only take a very vague guess at a track plan though and it'd probably be wrong. I used to know a driver that stayed along the road from my Grandmother's house in Falkirk and he'd let me up into the cab every day at springfield yard when they arrived with the coal trucks and goods vans. He taught me to "hump-shunt" in a class 20! Once, he took me on a tanker train to Perth, then back to Springfield yard later in the day. I loved school holidays in those days, now I've got a 5-year old I always seem to be wishing the holidays away for some peace and quiet!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger