Scratchbuilt 375/377 EMU Models

Some time ago, I came across a website with a work in progress, modelling a class 375/377 southern emu (from what looked like 170 coaches).

Stupidly, I forgot to add the site to my favourites, and google is of no help.

Anyone else seen this? Or did I just imagine it?

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
coopsweb

Is it perhaps this site?

Hasn't been updated for a while which is a shame.

Reply to
P Morgan

Interesting.....

A good effort IMHO even though it appears he has only done two middle cars. One thing though is that the Class 170 turbostar body is longer than the visually similiar Class 377 and 375 version and as such the body shells need to be shortened with four window bays in the middle rather than five plus some slight shortening of the outer sections, at least that is what I worked out when I investigated just this sort of project recently.

Restructuring the body shells I worked out would not be a problem, the chassis on the other hand might be and as for painting all those curves on South Central's livery.....

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: Rail Pics:

Bus Pics:

jmu2000