Slightly OT - 56057 in Preservation

The familiar sounds of a class 56 in action once more echoed around Peterborough today, with 56057 "British Fuels" in operation.

Looking absolutley stunning in large-logo blue, here's a few pictures of the magic machine at Peterborough NVR this afternoon (about 30 mins ago, in fact!).

Enjoy!

Regards, Adam Warr, Peterborough UK Electra Railway Graphics

Fotopic Site:

Adam

It seem incredible that the class is getting on for 30 years old !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

As I remember them entering service, I still regard the 56s as "new" locomotives, which is really making me feel old....

With EWS storing 60s left, right and centre, I wonder how long it will be before one joins 56057 in preservation?

Adam

Reply to
Adam

"Adam" wrote

Young whipper-snapper - I remember some of most classes of BR Standard steam coming out new, and virtually all of the new fangled diesely thingies. Saw 'Peaks' being built at Crewe & Derby, Wizzos also at Crewe, 08 shunters being built everywhere including Horwich Works.

56s new? They ain't been invented yet! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

so you'll be voting for the MRLP on thursday to get your one-off payment John? :o)

Reply to
Feebo

"Feebo" wrote

I ain't *that* old! :-)