The BIG one - I've been shot

Ah, aren't you confusing the piano with the brass instruments here? Just a sugg.

Reply to
squashme

Translation: "Wickle Way is Wunnin Away"

Run away, Run away!

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:14:06 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

Still here, watching you spin and spin and spin and spin . . .

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Keep on watching sheepboy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Staff of the Natural History Museum investigate claims that "the missing link" has been found alive in uk.transport. A spokesman said "There may even be a number of adults and juveniles in some kind of social or family group. The really exciting news is that they posses what we would recognise as rudimentary language skills. It seems they must have had contact with higher humans sometime during the Anglo- Saxon period but then withdrew into the denser forested areas. They obviously do not have the brain capacity to develop the language further. It seems that the ongoing march of development, possibly linked with global warming, has brought them out into the open again".

Reply to
google

Didn't you get warned off once? Why dont you naff off back to your trainset?

Reply to
still a novice

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:33:29 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and still a novice instead replied:

Who said I'd take the advice forever? Is your world so static? Oh, dear. Go back to being an aggressive fool on the UK motorways.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I always thought that the phrase "Twisting slowly, slowly in the wind." had a certain picturesque ring to it.....and it certainly seems fitting in this case.

Anybody got a gibbet?

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Gibbet's don't "twist slowly in the wind" since they tend to be attached by a short series of links to the gibbet post. They may sway in the wind, but twisting is a degree of freedom denied to them.

I though you were a genius, fucktrousers? Yet every time you open your gob to declaim, you end up inserting your foot in the orifice. Does that explain why your voice is muffled when you sit down?

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Oh, baby, you are *so* talented! And they are *SO* dumb!"

-Cleavon Little to himself in "Blazing Saddles".

(Hint: When you fail to understand what commonly hangs from a gibbet and "twists slowly in the wind" -and then try to make fun of another poster because *you* didn't understand the allusion- you aren't making

*him* look bad.)

Well, I can spell "thought".

Poor sad little jealous Brit. Your eglatatian idea that anyone who dares to stand above the crowd should be cut down to size is one that doesn't fly here in the States: ask any of the hundreds of thousands of talented folks from Britain who emigrated over here, where we admire and reward those who are well above average, and don't put up with bullshit like class limitations on how far you're allowed to rise in society or on the pay-scale. (And those Brits have almost universally done quite well here, thank you.)

The fact that your social, political, and taxation systems have chased

*huge* numbers of your best and brightest to other lands where they can acheive their potential without limits -provided only that they're willing to work hard- largely accounts for the position you now find yourselves in: I.E. a country that doesn't work very well since most of it's smart folks left.

So rave on, little man. Nobody with more than three functioning neurons cares what you think or say, and unless you can come up with something a lot more sensible -or even just plain more entertaining- than you have so far, I doubt I'll even bother to read your posts.

Reply to
Twibil

Got it now .... you're a TROLL !

I found this description of one of these strange, to me, creatures :-

" If you've spent any time in chat rooms, bulletin boards or posting on Usenet you may have already come across one of these troublesome creatures.

Often suffering from a mutant strain of compulsive posting disorder, a troll's basic mission in life is to mischievously manufacture inflammatory opinions in an attempt to stir up disharmony and discord.

The most common breed of troll seeks attention by enthusiastically posting up a stream of drivel or by being clumsily provocative. Ignore them. The worst thing you can do is to try and engage them in rational debate as this only encourages them to hang around.

And once they find themselves the centre of attention, they inevitably become more and more 'controversial' before building up to a crescendo of abuse, followed by a theatrical flounce.

But these are mere bagatelle compared to the Nasty Troll. Like an unruly two year old in a perpetual temper tantrum, these destructive keyboard bullies want to break everything and spoil everyone's fun. A Nasty Troll has no redeeming features whatsoever and they'll employ every dirty-no-good trick in the book in their tedious quest to wreck an online community.

This usually includes hurling around oceans of gratuitous abuse and defamatory comments, all delivered via a range of anonymous identities

- with a few forged ones thrown in for good measure.

Sharp eyed bulletin board editors can usually ban 'bad bwoy' trolls before they can cause too much trouble, but on unmoderated newsgroups the damage can be terminal, with some communities giving up in the face of relentless attacks Although an audacious and cunning troll can sometimes earn the begrudging respect of its target audience, such levels of sophistication are rarer than a Swansea City goal, and for most people trolls are an irritation they could live without. "

Kind regards

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart
[ groups cut ]

Firth is not only a Troll but a liar.

FUS

Reply to
Jerry

The Steve Firth Drain Cleaning System

Devolved ?
Re: Steve Firth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragon Heart

Back to " The BIG one - I've been shot "

Mike using MS Taxi Simulator

Screen says " Your lost "

Small flame in Brighton ?

Hope she's not on Slaugham Lane :-)

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

In message , Dragon Heart writes

Thanks for those Chris. I love 'em.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

There's an entire website devoted to the species and all it's variations:

Enjoy.

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Other than gibbets is there anything else you don't understand? Have you actually seen a gibbet or a gibbet post?

Perhaps you should learn the difference between a gibbet and the gallows.

[snip painfully childish typographical error flame and several pages of self-congratulatory waffle]
Reply to
Steve Firth

"The appearance of models from a monochrome universe was the first hint that the model railway's track arrangement had created a gateway to the multiverse."

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"They" being who, exactly? Mensa? TNS? An independent cognitive psychologist? Or The Usenet Troll School of Self-Declared Makey-Uppy Qualifications?

It's a pretty unremarkable score but I'd still like to see if you can back up the claim. Who conducted the test and when?

Please scan the certificate or letter confirming the result and post a link here. It shouldn't be beyond the capabilities of such a talented man.

Reply to
northmb

You need to ask? The most significant achievements of "Twibil The Big Giant Brain" are to construct things from matchsticks and to play with toy trains. Making up IQ scores or repeating what he was told by the Scientologists is hardly unusual behaviour for the self-deluded.

Reply to
Steve Firth