The BIG one - I've been shot

Perhaps the originator of this thread could be persuaded to avoid cross-posting, especially to uk.transport?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Hulme

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:57:44 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

Let's see. All this from a guy who can't see that the headers of this thread are all in Railroad related newsgroups. Are you really so stupid as to take on folk in another newsgroup just for sport and not expect to become someone's chewtoy? Seriously, mate?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:24:12 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Charlie Hulme instead replied:

Why? Trains in the UK aren't considered transport? When did that happen?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ray, please don't bother the foul mouthed limey Steve; he's palpitating with expectation, fear and repressed memories now that his wicked Uncle Gary Glitter is coming home. Or maybe he's ust worried about Gary poaching his rent boy chicken flock.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Not by some of the foul-spoken people who post in uk.transport they aren't, no.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Hulme

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:40:11 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Charlie Hulme instead replied:

Clearly. What are they to them? Are they so arrogant that only SUVs and convertibles count as transport? Oh, wait. They're hung up on those little red double decker buses. Right?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:24:20 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

He's MY chewtoy. Back off. Go find your own, mate.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You were correct the first time, only SUVs and the ilk (especially to trolls like Firth), the problem is the original post wasn't about real trains but models so it's probably even off topic for the uk.railway group never mind uk.transport...

FUS

Reply to
Jerry

That statement made by someone too stupid to realise that I had already pointed out that I was seeing responses from children who still play with toy trains.

You think this lame blubbering makes you look like something other than a complete f****it, "mate"? Anyway, you antipodean arsewit your girlfriend is calling. "Baaa Baaa Baaa."

Reply to
Steve Firth

Okay, let's see about those, shall we?

Functions to date: successful (A) instructor at the University of California, (B) musician, (C) luthier, (D) graphic artist, (E) live music radio show host, (F) investor.

Communications: Successful freelance *and* technical writer. See also "musician" and "graphic artist", above.

Retired at age 56 to my hilltop home where I do pretty much exactly what I want to do, all day and every day.

So you were saying?

"Odd* in this context simply means that you don't understand why they do what they do. And this is not surprising.

Sorry, but "boasting" is unprovoked egoboo. I was simply replying factually to the poster who was trying to be clever by suggesting that model railroaders are universally dumb.

He deserved to be brought to Earth with a little dose of reality, and I gladly provided it for him; just as I did with you.

Deal.

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

I'm a truck driver. I've also been an instructor.

I'm a truck driver, I've also been a musician. Got Royal School of=20 Music Grade 8 in Trumpet. Can play pretty much any brass instrument put=20 in front of me with the exception of trombone. Can play piano a little=20 but my technique sucks.

You don't need to be able to function in the real world to do that. You=20 can do that sat all on your lonesome in the workshop at the end of your=20 garden.=20

My missus is a graphic artist. She didn't even complete secondary=20 school.

Don't need to be able to communicate to do that.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:46:09 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Jerry" instead replied:

It's still transport whether or not you model it or photograph the real thing. Trains, buses and all sorts of wheeled conveyance fit into the category of transport. Deal.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:06:52 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

You got lucky this time, mate. I've been advised by powers greater than yourself to leave my chewtoy (that would be you, mate) alone and allow the newsgroups to return to normal. And here I was, having so much fun toying with the likes of you.

Now go on back to your SUV. You know. That thing you have to drive to make up for all of your other inadequacies. You know. That big, powerful vroom-vroom machine that takes the place of your missing manhood, missing family jewels and any gray matter that you have left from sniffing gasoline.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Not on Usenet through, if your 'logic' was correct anything could be discussed in any group, such as some plonker trying to discuss the new road junction on the A1 near 'Anytown' in the uk.d-i-y group just because the OP was driving to B&Q....

Now, can everyone kindly let the thread die, *please*.

FUS

Reply to
Jerry

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:57:43 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Jerry" instead replied:

You first.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Have atcha, and feel welcome to whatever perverse enjoyment it provides.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Reminds me of that story about the octopus in the bar.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I'm a truck driver. I've also been an instructor.

I'm a truck driver, I've also been a musician. Got Royal School of Music Grade 8 in Trumpet. Can play pretty much any brass instrument put in front of me with the exception of trombone. Can play piano a little but my technique sucks.

You don't need to be able to function in the real world to do that. You can do that sat all on your lonesome in the workshop at the end of your garden.

My missus is a graphic artist. She didn't even complete secondary school.

Don't need to be able to communicate to do that.

Reply to
Mike P

Didn't you serve me in McDonalds last week? LOL what a tosser...

Reply to
still a novice

Okay, let's see about those, shall we?

So what? Well done on you. I notice you don't really need to communicate to do any of them though.

I could list my own similar achievements, but then I'd just sound like I was disappearing up my own arse wouldn't I?

Actually, having qualified parents and partners who work in Psychiatry, I've got a far better idea of why people do things than I suspect you have.

No, you were boasting. You could have simply said "we're not all dumb". I never said you were all dumb, that was Steve, I merely pointed out that having a high IQ does not neccessarily give you any common sense or perception of the real world. You're the one that got all defensive

No, what you've done is prove my point *totally*. Thanks!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P