Time Scales

I can understand the difficulty you have with this Jerry. It is whats known as an open mind. Norman has been influenced by what he has learned from this group.
Cheers, Simon

And, as a citizen of Alberta, he has just got a windfall from his local government - if you are across the news.
Jim.
Jim Guthrie wrote:

Came in the post yesterday Jim...... Now if I can just talk my wife & daughter into donating theirs.... fat chance
Norman

It did cross my mind to wonder about the size of your family, and their amenity to persuasion :-)
Jim.
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Only a fool refuses to change his mind when given good advice.

So you have never heard of changing priorities? MY budget is limited & having been given good advice from others on this newsgroup who, unlike you, are more interested in sharing knowledge than posturing, I have decided to hold off on buying locos until I have the books. I hope this re-allocation of my limited funds meets with your approval.

You are a silly little man Jerry. As I have said before, I wonder if you would have the balls to say to my face what you feel free to bandy around this group hiding behind a computer. Where I come from foul mouthed little blusterers with puffed up egos like you would get a swift clop around the ears to knock some sense & manners into you. Now go away & put your pinny back on it's time for you to dust the mantle-piece.

<snip trolling>
F*ck off, you ignorant little moron.

While we can all appreciate how this 'gentleman' [using the term extremely loosely] seeks to incite, insult and irritate, others at every opportunity, rather than playing his silly games, why do you not add him to your kill file? You will no longer have to read and respond [in kind] to any of his postings which will undoubtedly provide some relief to the rest of us who download the drivel that you are helping [by your actions in responding] to propagate. Idiots are best ignored - completely.
Unfortunately some misguided individuals within the group will continue to quote at least part of his more idiotic postings but then of course nothing in this world is ever perfect :0)
Cheers.
--
Roy

Roy wrote:

Oh Roy you are a spoil-sport. I was enjoying myself & providing a chuckle for all those who have suffered at his foul-mouthed rantings. But to please you I'll cease pushing his buttons & slide into boredom reading long threads about rich mackin & empty boxes on e-bay ;-)
Norman

Quite :0(
--
Roy

If you don't have either, the RCTS series will be much more valuable to you (as well as cheaper - it's complete in 19 parts), and is a much better overview of LNER locomotive history. Yeadon is a detailed catalogue of locomotives, but the RCTS series is a history of those locos and their development.
Tim
Tim Illingworth wrote:

Thanks Tim but could you expand on RCTS Series, I'm getting no hits on any search engine..
Norman

valuable
a much

those
hits on

You mean www.rcts.org.uk/ ?...

only
Unwanted hits, rubbish, the above was the first return using the Google.com search site with "RCTS" as the only search *phrase* - it's more a case of "Norman" being an inept idiot. :~(
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Hey sunshine, inept I may be but you keep on proving that you're the only idiot around this newsgroup.

<snip>
it's
the
Err no, you are proving that you are, you are the idiot who admitted that you could not find www.rcts.org.uk/ using Google, it puts you on the level that is lower than pre-schooler's...
Face it "Norman", you might well be trying to be the latest idiot on Usenet, I've got news for you, you're failing totally - you ARE the latest idiot on Usenet!
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Apart from personal attacks & foul language do you contribute any else to this ng Jerry? Are you so small minded that you have to keep asserting your "manhood" by attacking those who come seeking knowledge? I see in your reverse smiley that you use a 'broken' nose, could this be because you have provoked others to such an extent that they have punched you there, often & hard? You are the classic example which proves that advancement in years has nothing to do with maturity. Now go away & reflect on the parallels between your assertion of Thomson's disgusting and vindictive actions & your persistent, disgusting & vindictive attacks on me.
Norman

the
*phrase* -

you're
admitted
you on

on
the
else
I call a spade a spade, if you don't like it stop acting like a moron, moron!

Unlike yourself, yes....
<snip>

Take your own advice.
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

>>>you are the idiot .........it puts you on the level that is lower than pre-schooler's...

I don't often post in this e-group nowadays because I'm only active in large scale (16mm) in the garden at present.
I have always been a prototype rail enthusiast, however, and for many years was Chairman and later Vice President of one of the UK's major railway societies.
I have just uploaded an image file to Fotopic which depicts the final (official) run of BR's Push & Pull trains using LMS non-corridor stock and Ivatt Class 2MT 2-6-2T locos.
This took place exactly 40 years ago to today's date (5 Feb) and was so popular it had to be repeated. The file is at:
http://eddie-bellass.fotopic.net/c851162.html
I do hope it may prove to be of interest to modellers of the 1960s BR era. The title refers to just one date, for which I sent a correction several hours ago but it has not yet been applied.
Enjoy!
--

Regards,

DigitisED (Eddie Bellass)