Triang B12 body

I have a perfectly working Triang B12 chassis and a nice condition tender in BR back. Has anyone out there got a gash B12 body that is not too badly off. So that I can bash this beast into some sort of decent order.

TIA

Andrew

PS. Who knows, I could make a good job of fixing it up and then sell it to Aldo for 150 quid! After heavily weathering it with red oxide paint of course!

Reply to
Andrew

Years ago this used to be a fav chassis for kit built bodys.. You could always widen your horizons

roga

I had thought of this as a good project idea but the only kits I could find were brass ones. Do you think the old AIRFIX (aka Dapol) Schools class would work or would it look too wrong with the wheelset and gear.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

"Andrew" wrote

The Schools is a 4-4-0 whilst the B12 is a 4-6-0.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Silly me of course it is.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

ISTR Railway Modeller once had a (?series of) article(s) on chopping up B12s to produce a whole range of other locos.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

July 1989 issue - including an L1 2-6-4T !

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes