Version 1.2 of the Elite Firmware is Released

see

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Our Hornby rep today suggested that installation of this is not too straightforward - anyone say otherwise?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I saw a lot of people had problems the last time - including myself, but in my case it was cos didnt following the instructions properly so fair enough. this time will put a monitor on the port and make sure its ok.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Got round to upgrading to 1.2. Worked first time no problem at all. Noticed couple of changes to USB interface, JMRI accessory address 6 now matches elite address 5 and a response is sent back to the PC after every command - presume thats to help with timing.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I've had no problems upgrading to 1.1 and then to 1.2. The ways the upgrade load themselves are different, though, so don't expect to follow the same procedure each time. Never sure what 1.1 did, but 1.2 cured a problem I had with loco functions applying themselves to random loco controllers.

Just for the record, I'm quite happy with my Elite and Bachmann 3 function decoders. I "do" steam, so I'm not worried about turning on lights and all those other dieselly things.

Gordon.

Reply to
gbubb