Which 0-6-0 ?

I'm sure there must be an Indian firm making plastic cows somewhere, or failing that try Preiser. I can post you some genuine cow pats!

OK, but in that case I'll send you two cow pats! ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

You probably mean "sexual"? (try not to get off track!)

Reply to
Gregory Procter

suggestions

I'd certainly like to see more new and upgraded 0-6-0 and 0-6-0t models, although frankly I'd settle for cheaper tender-driven types with better mechanisms and pickups for re-issues (at least for the moment, given my budget). That said, I'd love a Midland 2F or a LNWR Cauliflower, a J67/J69 or J15, etc.

I'm surprised there aren't more body kits these days, incidentally.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Salvé "Gregory Procter" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz...

Actually and I kid you not, being as this is Sweden it is possible to buy bottled Älg (moose) droppings, specially bottled for german tourists, and no I dont know whwy they waqnt to spend £5 on a bottle of sh** but they do........

I'll wait till an älg (moose) comes into the garden to eat the damn apples and leave calling "cards" and send you some of them :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

"John Turner" skrev i meddelandet news:bnn25o$q2n$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...

Dear John, Always thought of steam engines as She...................mind you some of those behinds are rather cute.....especially victorian............. beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

LOL. They also buy Maerklin at much higher prices!

I'm not sure that would get past our Customs department - well, they do let me import Maerklin. ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

So that's what's in that stuff they sell at Ikea. ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

Älg (moose)are probably the only animal that smell as delicious as they taste :) you just want to sink yer teef into its thigh....mind you as they weigh as much as a shire and are just as big as a shire horse this is probably not wise. but they are delicious :) they arealso used to produce th worlds most expensive cheese £200 per pound, not tasted that yet....the idea od trying to milk a moose...now that would make a wonderful model :))) Beowulf
Reply to
Beowulf

We have plenty of moose in Canada. If you hit one with a car, you tend to knock out their long legs, and that huge body often lands on top of the passenger compartment, doing extensive damage to car and occupants.

Reply to
MartinS

I saw a "N" layout at a recent train show in the US that had a scene representing a forested recreation area. A car was supposed to have hit a black bear, and had swerved into the guard rail, leaving skid marks. The bear was lying in the middle of the road; police and forest rangers were in attandance, and traffic including a number of RVs was backed up. Other bears, maybe 1/4 inch high, played in a nearby car park.

Reply to
MartinS

"Beowulf"

They are indeed. Yummy. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

"MartinS" <

Usually the occupants of the vehicle are killed, especially when the moose comes through the windshield/screen.

When I lived in Prince Rupert, back in the mid 1980s, four young woman, 20 somethings, were less than a hour into their vacation when they hit a moose on highway 16. Killed all four of them. :-(

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

ISTR hearing that there is a Swedish Y6 railbus, in a museum somewhere in the UK, with a very large moose-shaped dent in its roof. It was at the rear unit of a train which hit a moose, the front unit throwing it up into the air and it landed on right on top of the rear unit. Apparently the X2000 sets with their sloped fronts are also good at sending moose airborne, though being electric, it tends to cause problems with the OLE.

Reply to
Spyke

This is true, but Volvo's and Saabs are actually built to take a moose landing on the roof :) seriously, its one of the selling points here in Sweden but totally unkown outside of Sweden :D An accident 2 yers back happened were a car startled a moose crossing a road causing the moose to jump vertically , the Volvo passed unharmed excpet for scrape marks from its hooves on the roof... the moose them landed on another volvo behind the first one causing a lot of damage to its roof and shocking the people inside, but who were otherwise ok due to the safety factors (anti-moose roof!!) built in , I will never drive anything other than a volvo now, they are really built for safety... Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Along similar lines, I recall hearing about an incident in Alaska on the railroad...

The engineer saw a bull moose walking away from them on the track ahead and sounded the horn, hoping the animal would run off the track.

Unfortunately, it was the rut... and the moose took the blaring horn horn to be a rival's challenge. He turned, lowered his rather impressive rack, and _charged_ the train head-on! It killed the moose, of course...

...but also managed to derail the locomotive!

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Not to worry, Ford will soon have that defect sorted!

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Salvé "Gregory Procter" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz...

Not as long as they are built in Sweden...its law :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

"Spyke" skrev i meddelandet news:FykL4kD55Vo$ snipped-for-privacy@gawain.bughunter.co.uk...

Considering just how high a y6 is thats quite a feat :) or should I say feet? I have a narrow guage version of the y6 prk outside my flat during the summer, they're rather pretty :) and yes it is on rails..... Skara-Lundsbrunn Järnväg I live across from the Lundsbrunn Station so have éverything from an c1870 Fletcher jennings to ratehr more modrn dressineswobbling up and down the line, and Swedish narrow guage is BIG!!! Mind you X2000 are very nice too but quiet.... Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf