Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

BACHMANN Spares
Are there ANY dealers out there who actually stock Bachmann spares?
4
4

Interesting DMU !!!
Ebay item 260046051366 Just one question. Why? Adrian
9
9

Exhibition - Theydon Bois, Essex
The Epping Railway Circle's Model Railway Exhibition will be held on Saturday 11 November from 10.30 to 5.00 at the Theydon Bois Village Hall, five minutes from the Central Line Station. Ten working...

Hornby class 67
Hi all, I saw a Hornby class 67 in my local model shop's window today (a royal maroon liveried one, for what it's worth). It was slightly too high to see clearly: does it still have rubbish Lima...
5
5

THOMAS TRAKMAT 2005 (R9086 )
Quick question. What size is it? Thanks David
1
1

OT: PC-Rail signalling simulation software.
Is there anyone else using (or trying out the evaluation versions) of the PC-Rail Power box simulation series, if so do you find that some locations are 'buggy', such as throwing up an error because a...
4
4

Gradient for coaling stage
Can anyone help? What would be the typical and maximum gradients to get coal wagons up to a coaling stage? Would the site be designed so the loco track had a down grade to reduce the neccessary length...
6
6

Help Needed Repairing Old Marklin HO Locomotive
I am trying to clean an old Marklin DB streamline 4-6-2. The loco has a lift up side plate that reveals what I assume are brush caps. I need to somehow remove these brush caps which are slotted to...
3
3

MAINLINE Scrap locos.
If there are any owners of scrap mainline model locos (UK outline) who would like to dispose of them I would be very pleased to acquire them - for a suitable price. This is to attempt a prolongement...
3
3

Ideal Christmas first trainset for a 5 year old?
Hi all, I'm a bit out of the loop in the model railway world (boxes of N guage kit in the loft for the last 8 years waiting space/excuse to play) but my 5 year old son has decided he wants a real...
33
33

What Gradient ?
Hi, I want to elevate the rear section of my layout, what is the gradient figure to use ? TIA.
32
32

Hurrah Hornby Bubble and Squeak
Couldnt resist simon
1
1

Squeeky Hornby 08's
Hi, Remember ages ago folk having problems with these. Mine started making a horrible noise at an exhibition at the weekend, but the bottom axles and horn blocks are well lubed ? Where was the problem...
7
7

Hazel Grove & District Model Railway Society exhibition
Hazel Grove & District Model Railway Society is holding its annual model railway exhibition this coming weekend, Sat 28th and Sun 29th October. The exhibition is held at Hazel Grove Recreation Centre,...

Hornby Remote Control
Can anyone tell me when the Hornby radio (27MHz) remote control was current, I refer to the X4667/8 combination. I cannot find any reference to it in the Hornby paperasse. Peter A Monatrlot
2
2