ArcOne S240 lens working? or no?

I found a discarded helmet with an S240 lens in it. When I hold it up to the sun it darkens as I'd expect it to but then immediately goes back to being non-darkened. Same happens if I hold it up to within an inch or two of a fluorescent lamp tube.

Is that normal behavior for the lens?

My Chinese, variable lens hood goes dark when pointing at the sun but stays dark. Doesn't immediately lighten up like this ArcOne.

Lumpy

You Played on Lawrence Welk? Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.=20

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

My expensive Miller auto-darkening hood does the same.

This is actually the right behavior, as you want to be able to weld outside in the sun.

Ignoramus4606

Lump:

iggy:

Thanks. Are you saying the ArcOne is acting appropriately or the Chinkie is appropriate?

Lump

Reply to
Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

ArcOne is acting appropriately.

Ignoramus4606

Lump:

Steve:

The ArcOne doesn't have any settings. It's a single shade filter.

The Chinkie lens acted appropriately (welding and eclipse). It has no batteries, it's a variable pot, solar cell style.

Lump

Reply to
Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke