Autodark Question

I have a NexGen. When I use it, then let it sit, when I pick it up, it has round dark circles in the lens. Is this just the thing shutting down? I just hit the button and it resets, but I was wondering about the spots. It's particularly bothersome and a little scary if I put the hood on and don't notice the spots first. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Just a highly educated guess - you might have some pressure points at the center of the circles. Some dirt between the Xtal and safety lens that is tiny.

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Steve B wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

It is normal for the Jackson lenses to do this. No idea why.

My Nexgen has always done is, as have all the others I have seen.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote

Kind of figured that, but just wanted to be sure. It looks weird.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B