Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Avoid welding distortion
I have to make a fair number of 5' x 5' aluminum frames out of 1" by 1/8" 6061 aluminum bar stock. Each frame is subdivided by additional aluminum pieces into a grid of 12 by 12 squares. I am looking...
6
6

possible to bronze overlay ductile iron / continous cast iron ?
is it possible to tig braze overlay on ductile iron or continuous cast type iron / what procedure ? rod? thanks for the info
9
9

General Questions about Welding
1) How can I prevent the welding helmet from slamming me in the nose when I shake my head to get it to lower? 2) Is it normal to see nothing but pitch black when you stop welding and have the helmet...
13
13

8018 on mild steel
Hi, Is there any problem using 8018 1/8 on mild steel in a pinch. Nothing criticial just general fab. Can I just use it like 7018. Glen
4
4

Welding two Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds Together
I have a 1950 Ford Truck and want to cut an exhaust manifold in half and weld it to a different half. I am guess it is cast iron. I am looking to do this in Minnesota what should I look for in getting...
7
7

HELP - ThermalArc 185TSW
I used my TA185TSW to do some stick welding this afternoon, and everything went well after I unplugged the foot pedal. BUT when I connected the foot pedal and the TIG torch to do some more welding...
6
6

MIGATRONIC BDH320 PROTOCOL
Greetings. I´m writing a C to program to interface with a migatronica BDH 320 navigator. Does anyone have some reference about it? Anything that could avoid or make easier the reverse engineering...
1
1

To Clean or Not to Clean when TIG Welding
I'm taking a TIG welding class which is: Watch 4 videos on TIG welding and go to the lab. The instructor comes around from time to time and offers suggestions... no demos, unless maybe you ask. Doing...
5
5

more Plasma Cutter Questions
Well, the auction was this past weekend and the 600 went for $1,050 + 10%. And I didn't buy it....... Merle
9
9

Miller HF-15-2WG HF head ?
Well I made some progress today the welder is wired up and runs but the TIG head is not looking so wonderful. Looks like it has some high voltage caps toasted. I need to find 2 .002uf 6KVDC and 1...

Millermatic 175
Anyone tried aluminum with a Millermatic 175? I need some info if you have. I will be putting together some 16 guage sheet and some .065 square tubing...both aluminum of course. Any info would be...
7
7

TIG On/Off Switch
i have foot pedal for my esab 161, but at times i wish i had a simple momentary switch right on my torch handle. can anyone suggest a simple momentary NO switch. thanks
4
4

High pressure welding test
Hi, being a newbe welding and trying to learn something, I contacted the local welding school to know more about the high pressure welding exam. Here in Quebec, Canada, it seem that the labor...
9
9

need diesel-PTO-driven welder rigged as-> emergency home generator too. Guidance, please.
Thank you, Courtney
7
7

Building Outdoor Wood Boiler
I'm planning to build an outdoor wood boiler which I can use to heat my house, shop and part of my barns. I intend to build it as large as possible ( 8' * 4' firebox) Looking for any information on...
5
5

Miller 200Dx specs vs Thermal Arc 185 - which has more grunt?
Hard to figure but it may be possible to intepret the spec table in the new 2005 Miller catalouge as stating the 200DX only goes up to 150A on 230V (60% Duty Cycle) single phase (up to 200A on 3Ph at...
12
12

Mig Co2/Argon gas flow rate?
I just installed a Mig conversion gas kit on my Lincoln Weld pac 100, nowhere does it specify in the manuals, the flow rate info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance........ Kevin
3
3

Rod question
I had to go to a sheet metal fab shop today. While there, I smelled the familiar odor of welding rods burning. As I walked past the welder, I said, "7018?" and he said "No, 6013." He was welding 1...
15
15

Water cooled TIG torch for Miller 180SD
Hi folks, I have a Miller 180SD and would like to do some TIG welding on aluminum 5/16" pieces for a custom throttle linkage I'm building for my Jeep. The unit came with a WP17 torch and I think I...
2
2

Mig welder question
Hello, I am new to this newsgroup and never done any electric welding until recently. I have a few questions and wondering if anyone could explain and perhaps give me a few tips. I have recently...
5
5