CK Products at FabTech 2009

My wife and I just got back from FabTech in Chicago. What an excellent experience. I met with many of the vendors: Miller, Lincoln, Fronius, Esab, and on my way out...CK Products.

They are a serious class act. I met with their National Product Manager and I told them about the 5 CK torches that I owned, and that I got the lead on their company by reading this newsgroup. I then told them about Ernie, and how he should be a paid spokesman for their torches. Ernie's guidance for the members of this group is a true example of craftsmen sharing their knowledge and passion.

_kevin

Reply to
karchiba

So what did they give you for praising them?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner:

I was kind of surprised, that none of the vendors were giving away any samples. A couple of years ago, some vendors were giving a sample Tungsten here and there...but my guess is because of the economic downturn, those budgets have been put on hold.

I did however, get a deal on 2 of the CK "Gas Saver" torch front ends (with the Pyrex cups) for a "show price" of half-off of list. I haven't had a chance to try them.

_kevin

=A0Unknown Usnet Poster

=A0 =A0 =A0Keyton

Reply to
karchiba

Be very gentle with those Pryex cups. They are very fragile and very expensive to replace.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler