Looking for TIG for home shop

My mistake..my Lincoln is a Squarewave 300. Probably mid 1980s

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Iggify it! Place your focus on the central piece of machinery. You can always pick up a cooler, foot pedal, and "stuff" at a good price and customize your own package. Doing that will give you a knowledge of your equipment that you don't get when you just buy it all and plug it in.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

LTL curbside delivery shouldn't be "too" bad. Call around for freight rates while you have that phone out.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

I found a syncrowave 250 on proxibid but I can't find anything to tell me if it is even located in the USA. Is there a way to tell the location of an item I'm interested in bidding on if it's close enough?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

The "Return to Catalog" button gives a page that says Midland MI. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

What's that Lassie? You say that RogerN fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:30:14 -0500:

Don't use cloronated solvents, like brake cleaner. Use alcohol, or acetone.

AC current and a good brushing should do it. Keep your brush clean, use it on aluminum only.

Reply to
dan

I have some MEK at the shop, would that work? What I've read is that it's similar to acetone but slower drying.

Thanks for the tips, I bought a new wire brush to use on aluminum only.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I never use proxibid for this reason alone.

Ignoramus16841

Here's the best price I have found so far on a Miller Syncrowave 250 DX in my area (less than 100 miles), I'm more tempted to buy one of these brand new than buying a used package for $1850.

I could use the torch and water cooler from my old machine, I would just need a new or used foot pedal. Anyone know of a better price? I thought I would see if my closest supplier would match the best price I can find.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I looked on ebay and was kind of shocked. Economic recovery is underway. Prices are not what they used to be, maybe 2x higher.

Ignoramus16841

Before you think that...check the number of buyers.

You will find FAR fewer buyers.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What's that Lassie? You say that RogerN fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:59:55 -0500:

I can't say. But I would think that you would want it to dry quickly. What happens to MEK when exposed to hard UV light and heat in the presence of iron?

I understand that brake cleaner can form phosgene gas under those conditions.

Reply to
dan