Looking for TIG for home shop

RogerN wrote:

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid 6&aid0036&lidƒ80099#topoflot
The "Return to Catalog" button gives a page that says Midland MI. Bob
Add pictures here
βœ–

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid 6&aid0036&lidƒ80099#topoflot
I never use proxibid for this reason alone.
βœ–

Iggify it! Place your focus on the central piece of machinery. You can always pick up a cooler, foot pedal, and "stuff" at a good price and customize your own package. Doing that will give you a knowledge of your equipment that you don't get when you just buy it all and plug it in.
Steve
βœ–
What's that Lassie? You say that RogerN fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:30:14 -0500:

Don't use cloronated solvents, like brake cleaner. Use alcohol, or acetone.

AC current and a good brushing should do it. Keep your brush clean, use it on aluminum only.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

I have some MEK at the shop, would that work? What I've read is that it's similar to acetone but slower drying.

Thanks for the tips, I bought a new wire brush to use on aluminum only.
RogerN
Add pictures here
βœ–
What's that Lassie? You say that RogerN fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:59:55 -0500:

I can't say. But I would think that you would want it to dry quickly. What happens to MEK when exposed to hard UV light and heat in the presence of iron?
I understand that brake cleaner can form phosgene gas under those conditions.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

Call em in the morning!!!!
Gunner
"
Add pictures here
βœ–

My mistake..my Lincoln is a Squarewave 300. Probably mid 1980s
Gunner
"
Add pictures here
βœ–
Here's the best price I have found so far on a Miller Syncrowave 250 DX in my area (less than 100 miles), I'm more tempted to buy one of these brand new than buying a used package for $1850.
http://www.scottgrossstore.com/servlet/the-2265/Miller-Syncrowave-250-DX/Detail
I could use the torch and water cooler from my old machine, I would just need a new or used foot pedal. Anyone know of a better price? I thought I would see if my closest supplier would match the best price I can find.
RogerN
Add pictures here
βœ–
I looked on ebay and was kind of shocked. Economic recovery is underway. Prices are not what they used to be, maybe 2x higher.

βœ–
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 00:00:47 -0500, Ignoramus16841

Before you think that...check the number of buyers.
You will find FAR fewer buyers.
Gunner

"
Add pictures here