Miller CST 280 v. Invertec V275S

Do any of you good folks have experience with the Lincoln Invertec V275S? How does it compare with the Miller CST 280? My use is repairing/building farm equipment and dirt-working machinery. Thanks --

Reply to
Willer

If you don't need the higher amps of the CST 280 I would recommend a Miller Maxstar 200SD. They cost around $1550, which is about $300 cheaper than the CST 280. We have a CST 280 at the Divers' Institute that I bought last fall. It is an excellent stick welder, but they only run on a few voltages.

220v and 440v single and 3 phase.

The Maxstar 200DX runs on anything from 80 volt to 500 volt single or 3 phase.

I have had a Maxstar 200DX for 6 years and love it for TIG and stick welding.

If you do need the higher amps of the CST 280 then go for it. It is an excellent machine.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks, Ernie. Having all that TIG capability would be more useful in the long run than those extra amps.

Reply to
Willer