Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Has anybody used this tube bender?
link appears broken Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
4
4

Where to buy a welder
Looking at Tig machines, I have narrowed it down to the Thermal Arc Pro-Wave 185tsw, Miller Maxstar 200SD, Lincoln Invertec 205. I really like the Miller and the Thermal Arc what I need now is to get...
11
11

Current
Hi Just through a matter of curiosity; with a MIG welder, what sort of a current and voltage am i looking at for welding 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mmm, 5mm, and 10mm mild steel plate with 0.6mm wire and the...
1
1

Re: Tungsten slipping in collet
Sounds like you just got a bad one. I have had this happen before. No big deal.
1
1

Century Welder manual
I am looking for a manual for my century 100 welder. Anyone have one to email or know where to get one? thanks, -ck
3
3

Re: Century got sold off again, and nobody noticed
I am looking for a manual for my century 100 welder. Did you ever find a place to get Century welder manuals? thanks, -ck news:... http://www.centuryonline.net/catalogue/catalogue.asp?productID=3 Home...

MANUAL FOR SPOOLMATIC 1 ?
Just got a Miller Spoolmatic1, today. Does anyone have a manual they can email? I can order one from Miller but it will take awhile and I am anxious to try the gun. I guess I could test out the wires,...

Repairing Pawls
I am restoring an old Mechanical line printer. Many of the pawls for the clutches and escapements are worn out. They are made of very hard steel and the metal that is worn away need to be replaced...
7
7

end mill pipe notcher wanted
I'm looking for a used end mill type pipe notcher, rent lease or buy. Thanks, JTMcC.

Re: something else i learned today...
I've heard if you soak the rod in water before you use it, the rod will consume at a slower rate. But I guess at 365A it wouldn't make much of a difference...
12
12

Re: Opinions wanted for this machine.
Century is not my idea of a worthwhile investment. If you want a small TIG/Stick welder, try a Maxstar 150 like this one. A much better investment. If you want to be able to TIG aluminum the next step...
2
2

side-by-side bike
I've always wanted to build a side-by-side bicycle, and I finally found an excuse a couple weeks ago. Here's some pictures: Building a Bike for Tour de Bar
2
2

Hyundai wire
Looking for imput on Hyundai 71H and 71MAG cored wires, anyone run these wires? How do they compare to Lincoln 71M? Thanks Dave
2
2

Re: Looking for weld repair source for large gear.
You might want to repost this with the location of the gear. My best guess is that you are not in UK, NZ, AUS, or Canada. Assuming you are in the US, you are probably in the North East. You guys...

Taking payments for work done. Would you do it?
Since getting laid off from my corporate job I started doing welding/blacksmithing work in addition to knifemaking that I have been doing for ten years. I recently added building carports to my list...
17
17