ping: Iggy

A couple weeks ago, you asked how much it cost for me to have a lathe picked up from the UPS freight center near me & delivered to my residence.

The lathe and stand were all bundled on one pallet that weighed 1256lbs.

The total bill came to $244. The original quote they gave me was for $215 + plus a fee per pallet and fuel surcharge. The original estimate was for between $275 and $320. The one-way distance from the UPS terminal to my place is 31 miles.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill, this was a great deal. As a machine mover, I would not even get my ass off the chair for that kind of money.

Ignoramus28704

I hear you. I sure felt it was a great deal.

Bill

Reply to
Bill