Free to a good home: OO gauge layout

Hi folks,

I have an OO gauge model railway layout from the 1970s or '80s to give away , and I'd like to find it a good home. It needs a lot of work, but I'd rath er give to an enthusiast than send it to the dump.

Unfortunately it has been stored for a long time in the attic of my parents ' barn. The solid, heavy base board is at least 6' x 4', or maybe bigger. A lot of the paper buildings on the layout are damaged and dusty. These need repairing or replacing. The track will also need a thorough cleaning, as i t shows rust spots in places. Lighting circuits will need to be tested and repaired. There are some boxes of spare track and scenery elements included , but no rolling stock (I do have some rolling stock, but that's in better condition and would be for sale).

The layout would suit someone with plenty of time and patience who can enjo y restoring it. Perhaps a retired enthusiast with a grandson and plenty of space? The railway is in Edgmond, Shropshire, and is too large to fit into a standard car. You would need a van or sturdy roof rack for transport.

Please contact me at cdt22 AT cantab DOT net if you're interested. Question s are welcome and I can provide pictures.

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy

Reply to
christopher.tidy