C of G for Slow Poke 20

Im helping a buddy of mine set up hs slow poke 20 but I need the C of G info so i can set the receiver and battery. The plane was bought built but with no electronics and no info for the airframe.

Reply to
benW

With the A/C inverted, balance it 3 5/8" back from the L/E of the wing. With an OS 15 I had to add about 1/2 lb of lead to the nose to achieve this. (Not unusual from what I have heard from others) Recommended control throws are: High Rate: Elevator 5/8" up and down; Low Rate: 1/2"up/down. Rudder:

2" left and right. I have absolute max travel set on mine anyway. You need lots of up elevator to get the thing to spin. I also coupled my rudder and aileron channel. 1/2 the movement on the rudder stick and 1/2 on the aileron stick. This way I can use the rudder on takeoff and once in the air fly it just as though it was an aileron ship. I find that it is sort of boring to fly on a calm day but it will fly in just about any wind and is a real handful and lots of fun in high winds. Gord Schindler MAAC6694
Reply to
Gord Schindler