Death nell of Nitro??

I know exactly what you mean, because I'm the same way about my glo engines.

However, if the new batteries will be half as good as projected, they will have enough excess power to generate sound and smoke too! :)

-- Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Yep. These penny stock companies like to make their stock shine by making exorbitant claims.

At least they went all out. They didn't half-step by claiming a reasonable

20% increase in power density, 100% higher charge-discharge rate, and 85% more charge cycles. That wouldn't attract many suckers at all. It's those claims of 500-1000% increases that hook the suckers.

"New Scientist" took the bait too. They're either guilty of aiding and abetting a publicity scam, or totally ignorant.

-- Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

I was quite astonished recently to discover that the US treasury debt equals

80% of the total of worldwide personal savings. IOW, your bank invested 80 pence of every pound in your savings account in US treasury bonds, notes, bills, strips, and derivatives. The ex-British Empire had to tax its subject states. The whole world now just gives it to us freely. What a world we live in.

:-)

Reply to
Boat

If this thread is going to continue to survive, the subject spelling should be corrected. (G)

Reply to
Dave Thompson

That's philosphically equivalent to telling people that if they don't want their heads split open when you swing that 2x4 they should wear helmets.

My car isn't that quiet. Especially with the top down.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Americans can't cook anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Watch while the rest of the world takes it back.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Haven't you heard of Princess Nell, of Nitro?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For what class? Heavy, lumbering, poor handling, low powered, ugly bikes? Yep, you are right.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

So, you will go with the liberal establishments when it suits your cause.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Under powered compared to the competition? We ARE talking V-twind here. Where are the stock Harleys putting out 145hp?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

These ain't your grand-dad's Guzzis!

Paul McIntosh

The best OTR long haul bikes are Honda and BMW. Mainly because they can also handle corners and you can actually pick them up if the fall over!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

RCVs aren't made in the UK. Granted, modern Triumphs are nice but there is a lot better out there for the same or less money. Most BRITISH beer tasts like dirty water to me. The best over there is the German and (surprisingly) Scottish beers.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

But factually true...anyway if I'm swinging a 2x4 at someones head I'm not warning them. ;^) So what do you say about a motorcycle that is 100% stock and loud? I ride one...matter of fact it's louder than a stock HD and will set off car alarms in parking lots when I ride by. I ride a 79' GL1000 (Goldwing) it is completly stock the way REAL Goldwings were ment to be without all that fairing crap they are saddled with now. Stock it's loud....now what are you going to do? Most pickups off the show room floor are lound than the average motorcycle off the show room floor, what about those loud, obnoxious things?

Ah, but people in convertibles can't hear anything anyway with all that damn wind noise! So they don't really matter. ;^) That was teasing and unfair...but fun. I do hope you have a roll bar at least, most states wont let you protect your head with a helmet.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Paul McIntosh" wrote in message news:42332f5d$0$43229$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

Now you are just baiting...bad form old boy. Learn about REAL Harley's not the POS you were used to

30 years ago...your bias is showing.
Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Paul McIntosh" wrote in message news:42333005$0$30571$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

There is only ONE Ducati doing that now it costs MORE than any Harley AND is in practice a race bike. Can't ride the damn thing for any real distance...better go get a real education about modern motorcycles they are the crappy junk you used to work on.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Paul McIntosh" wrote in message news:42333134$0$32757$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

Uh, Paul hate to break it to you BUT. I live at a nexus point for people who ride long distances on motorcycles...US89/US2 junction. Road to the Sun is just down the road a half hour of TWISTY with a capital switchback from the front door. Care to guess by manufacturer the most common bike to stop at the gas stations here in Browning, MT are?

Free hint...the first letter of number one is "B" the number two maker is "HD" not many Honda's. The occasional FJR1300 and or ST1100/1300 not many Wingers have the stones to come up here. The average GL1800 and R1200LT weigh more than a RoadKing OR ElectraGlide.

OTOH, I've been on US89 and caught a CBX club out riding...passed them in the twisty stuff. Talk about a lumbering no handling motorcycle! Those things were/are pigs that the average Harley poseur can pass. BUT the venerable GL eats both...with less power.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Paul McIntosh" wrote in message news:42333199$0$31665$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

yes they are...

No there isn't. While the Triumphs aren't race winners when you put them on REAL roads they are overall a better motorcycle. The Daytona comes to mind as does the Sprint ST or the Tiger. Really you ought to learn about MODERN motorcycles...

I disagree about the taste, first you have to learn to serve it at room temp. 8^) Anywho google "MooseDrool" it's THE BEST Brown ale sold in NA ime...or maybe order up a case of Pike Place "Kilt Lifter" a Scots style ale that has a nice flavour AND a kick that'd make a mule jealous.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

I was speaking about all of them except for the special racing versions they have produced.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh